Keeping Up with My Rejections

| June 3, 2013 | 10 Comments

Nose to the Grindstone

The last two weeks have been very busy for me and I haven’t been sending out my daily queries. Ideally, I’d like to have several queries in the hopper so when I get a rejection, I know I still have other queries in the system.

Rejection Reminder

After receiving a rejection for the one query I sent, it’s a bit of a reminder to get back on the schtick.

Hope you guys are doing better than I am.

Tags:

Category: Writing

Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she’s not writing or commenting on NJFM, she’s either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites.

Just catching up here at NJFM and am excited about your new direction. I am also reevaluating (again) to figure out what is the best fit for me. I’ve been solely focused on creating custom memorial quilts for the past several months but all the commissions will be done this week and then it’s back to writing/editing. This is supposed to be the year of publishing and I planned to have the proof copy of hubby’s book ready by June but…

Thanks for continuing to share your journey with us, Felicia. I so enjoy your posts and get a lot out of all the comments, too. Seeing the ups and downs of others reminds me that ebbs and flows are a normal and necessary part of life, which inspires me to keep on keeping on.

Crystal I thought of you as I was reviewing the Writers Market. There are a couple of writing markets for quilters. If you’re interested, I’ll send the info to you.

Wow, your hubby is a writer too? That must be real nice. My hubby writes because he has to, not because he enjoys it.

• Crystal says:

Thanks, Felicia – I’d love to have that info! As for my hubby the writer – in this current project, he’s combined the manuscripts that his parents each wrote about their adventures moving to the wilderness nearly 50 years ago and added more details to better explain how they accomplished all that they did here. Now it’s my job to polish it up. I’m running behind schedule but still hope to have it published before the end of this year. Wish me luck!

I sent the info and your hubby’s book sounds very interesting. Let me know when it’s all done. I’d love to buy a copy. I’m fascinated with wilderness and living off the land. This coming from a gal born and raised in the city. 🙂

• Crystal says:

Thanks for the info, Felicia, and I’ll let you know when the book is ready. It is really interesting what they’ve accomplished here. With nearly 50 years of self-sufficiency, they have a lot of experience (and stories) to share. And it just keeps on. Right now, he’s working on a walk-in freezer and a root cellar separated by an outdoor kitchen. Once he’s done, we’ll be able to put the garden/orchard stuff in cold storage and then process it for freezing at our leisure without making a mess inside the house. How clever is he?

I’m very impressed!

2. Terr says:

Did you get my email about Linda’s course? I didn’t hear back from you.

Hey Terr,

Actually I responded here on NJFM.

Thanks for sending the info, but I’m sort of weird. I kinda like learning from trial and error. I learn a little deeper that way.

3. Liz says:

Ha! I just put in my first Demand article since spring 2011 (panda)…so, right there in the trenches with ya girl!

4. Alexander says:

Life does get in the way doesn’t it! I haven’t been able to send any out yet, busy job hunting now 😉 Although I am able to squeeze in an article here and there. Thanks for the update.