Christmas Crossword Puzzle

| December 17, 2011 | 14 Comments

Have a little funI just had to do this.  I was knee-deep in converting my Tidbits and Stuff site to its new format when I got side tracked by playing a few of the games.   The Kids Korner section has been neglected for many years (so many years that part of it is still on the old hand-coded site).

Since  I’m not so sure I’ll be finished converting my Tidbits site before Christmas I wanted to copy and paste this puzzle here for your enjoyment.

Just click on a square and start solving the puzzle.  Enjoy!!!

[eclipse-crossword url=”http://www.tidbitsandstuff.com/redo/wp-content/Christmas_Puzzle.html”]

BTW, I wrote an article on Eclipse Crossword software quite some time ago.  You should download it and give it a try.  It’s free and it’s fun.

Tags: ,

Category: Holiday

Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she’s not writing or commenting on NJFM, she’s either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites.

1. Sher says:

Thanks for sharing this fun puzzle! Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and your family!

2. Bill Swan says:

Quick question Felicia, is all of the hand-coded section going to make it to the newest transition?

All except a few games that won’t accept the new WordPress platform. Oh, and of course I did so much pruning that my site will be half the size of what it was before.

Thanks, Felicia – creating memorial quilts is kind of like a calling. It’s certainly not something I thought about and then decided to do, but I’m so grateful that the idea found me and I can now help some folks with the grieving process.

As for the puzzle – well, duh on me! How did I not notice that? Can we assume that I had a computer glitch and not that I’m a total airhead who lacks observational skills? But I guess it is a testament to my quick scrolling ability:)

Crystal, you mentioned something very important. First of all, we know you’re not an airhead. I could create a very, very long post about all of my “duh” moments. We all have them.

But, getting to your point about your calling and how the “idea found” you is something that tells me you’re on a level where we all should aspire to be. The idea found you and you responded accordingly.

I think we tend to spend too much time searching for our purpose and searching for our calling. We over think, over investigate and over worry about our calling. I think a calling is just that, a calling. It calls you. The problem is that most of us are too busy searching, investigating and worrying that we don’t hear the calling when it calls us.

Too fun, Felicia! I can see that this is when it really pays to have a big monitor – less time spent scrolling to read the clues. And fortunately I’d read Grandma’s comment and knew to click the check puzzle box when I was done (thanks for that key piece of info, Grandma!).

Two years ago I made a crossword puzzle memorial quilt (http://memorialquilts.wordpress.com/a-crossword-puzzle-for-mom/) and tested several puzzle generators, but I didn’t know about this one. So I’m off to read your Eclipse Crossword article:)

5. Grandma says:

Thank you, that was a Christmas present. I probably wasted a half minute getting started and finding the “check puzzle” box to submit my time. Still dodging reindeer….

6. Deb says:

Felicia, I was babysitting my nine-year-old niece tonight. She saw me pull up your crossword puzzle and just had to do it! Then her folks came to pick her up. I’d had her for 24 hours, so it was great timing. What a fun site!

The crossword puzzle is great for kids. My daughter and I used to create crossword puzzles of her vocabulary words. It’s a lot of fun. I’m glad your niece enjoyed it.

7. Deanna says: