≡ Top Menu ≡Category Menu

You are here: Home » International Opportunity for Academic Writers

International Opportunity for Academic Writers

Here’s a freelance writing opportunity for academic writers. Prospect Solution is a UK company that currently has over 3,000 freelance writers and has been around for six years. They do accept English speaking writers from all over the world, so this is truly an international writing opportunity.

Prospect Solution’s Pay Scale

Their pays scale ranges from £17 – £1,000 per 500 words. In US dollars that’s approximately $26 to $1,500. The rates vary depending on your level of education and your grade point.

For example, a college level applicant with a moderate grade point could earn between £17 and £35 per 500 words. According to their site, the average fee is £85-£175 ($130 to $270).

A similar candidate with a Masters degree with stellar grades can earn £50 to £125 per 500 words for an average fee of £250 to £625 ($390 to $1,010).

The Freelance Writing Application Process

Needless to say they have a rather stringent application process. In addition to taking a mini online grammar/spelling test, you must provide a resume and write a 150 word sample. If you make it through the preliminaries, you will be asked to provide a copy of your school transcripts, a valid ID and previous work history.

They try to respond to all applications within 7 working days.

Type of Writing

If you’re into writing fluff pieces, don’t bother to apply. Prospect Solution is an academic research and support service company. They pay for high quality work from highly qualified academic research writers.

Although I don’t know Thomas Stanhope personally, I found Prospect Solutions by visiting his blog. He currently writes for them and gives them a positive review.

This sounds like a high-quality writing gig. If you do apply and get accepted, I’d appreciate it if you would come back and share your writing experience.

{ 11 comments… add one }
  • Deborah February 19, 2010, 4:31 pm

This sounds like a good opportunity. I do academic writing and have my plate full at the moment with a few various contracts but I often get asked about international opportunities and this information is good to know.

The only issue is the application process and the extremely variable pay scale. Umm…school transcripts? I don’t even have those anymore! lol

Ah, well. I’m sure nothing is more time consuming than the process at Love to Know (an email, two phone interviews, two sets of article trials over a span of two weeks, and then they tell you whether or not you’re accepted) lol

• Rebecca Theim March 2, 2010, 10:54 am

Hi, Felicia:

Love your site.

After reading your post, I applied and have been accepted by Prospect Solutions. The application process, as you mentioned, is quite rigorous. Applicants must complete a detailed questionnaire, pass a brief, rather standard grammar-spelling-word usage quiz, and craft a brief writing sample (my topic was “Great Writing Is …”; I don’t know if the subject changes).

If you make it to round 2, you must then complete an even more detailed application in which you list your academic majors and minors, and any areas you now specialize in that weren’t part of your formal studies, supply copies of official identification and your college transcripts, and include at least one academic writing sample, and any other writing samples that support your claim to other specialties.

All of my materials are now in, and were immediately acknowledged (twice) by Prospect Solutions. They say it will take 10-15 business days for them to evaluate my information and presumably classify me, by topic(s), in their freelance system.

I’ll let you and your readers know what happens next.

• Felicia March 2, 2010, 11:17 am

Awesome Rebecca!

I’m anxious to hear your take on them once you get up and running.

Congrats!

• Thinkingaboutit October 15, 2012, 4:39 am

Did you ever work for them? What happened?

• Felicia October 17, 2012, 10:15 am

No, I never worked for them.

• Aimee Larsen Stoddard May 20, 2010, 7:22 pm

I have read on other blogs that Prospect Solutions sells the writing to students so they can pass the work off as their own. I need to investigate this more to verify since the PS website does not make this transparent. It might pay to be wary of this opportunity.
    .-= Aimee Larsen Stoddard´s last blog ..Curse of Eve in Genesis and Discrimination Against Women, Sexism =-.

• Aimee Larsen Stoddard May 20, 2010, 7:25 pm

Take a look at Berri’s post on http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/14/prospect-solutions-genuine-writing-company-908/ about how Prospect Solutions misleads its writers. Not good.

• Felicia May 21, 2010, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the info and the link, Aimee.

• Hans Liedermann April 12, 2011, 6:26 am

Hi, prospect is a massive scam, read the contract and you will see it is nothing else but opportunities to deduct your fees. There is nothing about your rights, only how they can deduct for anything and everything. I wrote a 4500 word 160 pound college esssay for them for another student and in the end they deducted half my fee so I am not standing at 80 pounds but still have not got it in my account. I wonder if ever.

• Felicia April 12, 2011, 6:39 am

Hans, thanks for sharing your experience and letting other writers know what to expect from them.

• Patricia December 20, 2011, 7:02 am

I’ve been writing for PS since 2008 and a regular writer there. I have not experienced deductions of fees in my entire work with them; neither have they treated me unfairly. PS is a good company for freelance writers.