≡ Top Menu ≡Category Menu

You are here: Home » Is it Possible to Earn $100 a Day Online?

Is it Possible to Earn $100 a Day Online?

I recently purchased a downloadable e-book entitled “20 Ways to Make $100 Per Day Online.” I found out about the e-book as a result of a newsletter I subscribe to. I’ve purchased one or two products in the past as a result of this newsletter and was satisfied, so I thought what the heck, let’s see what this has to offer.

The title was intriguing enough and recently after completing my taxes, I came to the conclusion I needed a few more business related receipts, so the $27 for this book made sense.

I downloaded the 240 page book and quickly realized after looking through a few of the chapters that I needed a hard copy of the book. There was too much information for me to digest online. Luckily, my hubby has access to a heavy-duty printer and he was able to print it all out for me.

Reading the Book

As I started to page through the book, I was amazed with the amount of information provided. In essence, it’s a compilation of 20 mini e-books. Each mini e-book explains a different venue for earning $100 a day online. The topics range from making money ghostwriting, selling on eBay, writing articles, affiliate marketing and more. Immediately I zeroed in on four of the 20 ways to earn $100 a day, Profitable Niche Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Public Domain Works and Writing Articles.

Each section is written by someone who has exceeded the $100 dollar a day threshold. What better way to learn how to do something than from someone who is doing it. After all, if an expert is willing to provide information and insider tips, I might as well partake of it.

Been Around the Freelance Writing Block

I’ve been around the block a time or two and don’t consider myself a newbie. I was very pleased to find that the information was not the same old stuff. Yes, some information is the same because of the nature of the internet, but this book contains quite a bit of information that was new to me. On top of the new information, there are quite a few links to online tools.

I was especially intrigued with the information given under the Profitable Niche Marketing chapter. The chapter on Writing Articles varies a bit from my perspective. It concentrates more heavily on active rather than residual income, but with one or two tweaks, the strategy can work just as well to build a large online residual income. It’s all about setting the right goals (which is also addressed in the book).

The Sky is the Limit

Making Money OnlineThis book reinforces my belief that the sky is the limit when it comes to earning money online. Whether you decide to do it via freelance writing, affiliate marketing, creating a membership site or any of the other ways mentioned or not mentioned in the book. It is possible to earn a nice online income if you’re willing to put in the work.

Should You Get the Book?

As far as I’m concerned, if you’re serious about making money online whether you decide to write, use affiliate marketing, sell products on eBay, this ebook is a valuable reference to have. My only recommendation is to read it piecemeal. This book contains a lot of information. Take your time, read it, digest it and most importantly, put it into practice.

Oh, and to answer the question can you make $100 a day online?  The answer is yes! Even I have hit the $100 dollar a day mark (unfortunately, it’s not a daily occurrence).

Update: If you’re thinking of getting the book, read Mimi’s comment below.  She found a place to get the book for free.

{ 22 comments… add one }
  • Julie M March 13, 2009, 9:48 pm

I would love to earn a $100 dollars a day. I have a long, long way to go. Maybe when I have more time and I am complete with school, I will look into these books. I prefer hard cover books as well. I did change my blog domain and the template. Even though the blog doesn’t earn me money directly, I hope it will get people to read my other stuff. It is a start. Have a looksies!

Julie Ms last blog post..Writing in the Age of Technology

• Shane M Dayton March 14, 2009, 5:47 pm

I’m glad to get a really detailed review on something like this. I’m always kind of iffy on new e-books on freelancing, just because I’ve done enough of it I want to make sure it’s not all newbie stuff. Thanks for the good review, I’ll definitely look at this book then. My main goal is figuring out the passive $100 a day – that would be living the dream.

Shane M Daytons last blog post..She Listened, She Acted, She Made Money Freelance Writing

• Kristi March 15, 2009, 12:00 pm

Hey Felicia-

I bought the same book a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised as well however I recommend that one focus on one method at a time and then get that revenue stream in place before moving on to the next. Otherwise you’ll get information overload and end up doing nothing. : )

Kristi

• Seema March 16, 2009, 9:44 pm

Nice to know about this one. Felicia’s do you mind mailing it to me.

I am not sure whether it is too much to ask for. I would definitely not mind, if you do mind sending it across.

Thanks,
    Seema Adnani

• Felicia March 16, 2009, 9:59 pm

Hi Seema,

If I were the author of the eBook, I wouldn’t mind emailing it to you, but copyrights and stuff like that prevent me from emailing it to you.

I hope you understand.

• Lisa Russell March 17, 2009, 3:00 am

Damn- Felicia, every time I come here I end up buying something. I love it- I love the way you filter things out, I had seen this one advertised and I have to day, I was making $100 a month last summer writing online, at HotelsByCity.net and for Demand Studios but it was long hours, and I don’t think I ever saw the sun. Now I write for eHow, Bukisa, Suite101 and my own niche sites, I’m not making $100 a day, more like $30 but that’s OK, I’m getting there. Your site is awesome, I think it just might be the most professional mom-writer site I visit. Keep up the good work, friend. I can’t wait until I have paypal money again, because I definitely plan to get this one.

Lisa Russells last blog post..I’m having a party and you get the presents #ubp09

• Felicia March 17, 2009, 10:34 am

I’m blushing from your comments. Thanks for the compliments.

I hope the info I write here is helpful. I’m not an authority or anything, but what I love about the internet is that people are willing so share and help others.

I also learn a lot from my readers. BTW, I just stopped by your blog, you’re not doing too bad yourself. I like it.

• Kyo March 17, 2009, 10:59 am

Thanks so much for this article. I’ve been toying with the idea of purchasing an eBook, Yuwanda Black’s book to be exact. Do you know which one I’m talking about? Well, I still find it difficult for me to invest that much money up front when I can’t thumb through the book, like I would at a traditional bookstore, but you review really inspired me.

I totally know it’s possible to make $100 a day, but it takes a lot of hard work unless you can find high paying clients (if you’re earning off of active writing).

Kyos last blog post..beginnings

• Maria -- WriterGig March 21, 2009, 4:45 pm

Felica,
    Thanks for the ebook recommendation, I may take a peek at it. I do earn $100+ a day many, many days a month … but not every day. I’m getting there — I know what to do, all I need is more time!

Maria — WriterGigs last blog post..How to Make Money with a Website: Writing Content

• RoxanneA March 25, 2009, 6:23 am

Felicia, Ive been following your blog for sometime now and have to admit I just can’t shake you. I keep coming back for more.

I’m a newbie in every respect as a mother, writer and to making money online. I agree the possibilities are endless to making money online. Mind you its ALOT of work but can be done.

The advantage is you can do it around your time. I’m hoping I can crack into it before I have to return to work. Childcare costs in the UK is really expensive and my husband and I aren’t keen to leave our son with anyone really , so it’d be good to make money while I stay home and raise my bundle of joy.

RoxanneAs last blog post..Packing your Hospital Bag

• Felicia March 25, 2009, 7:56 am

Welcome Roxanne,

Congrats on becoming a mom. It’s the greatest adventure in the world.

As far as making money online to stay at home with our bundle, as long as you are willing to put in the time, it can be done. I wish some of the opportunities that I avail myself of now were around when my kids were younger. You’re starting at the right time and with consistent effort, you can supplement your household income to eventually stay home full time.

I wish you all the best! Hope some of the information I have here is helpful to you.

• Imogene March 28, 2009, 10:31 am

Thanks for another great article! I’m going to buy this eBook when I figure out how to balance everything I’m doing. I’m a bit overwhelmed right now. I was about to buy it today but I really think I need to get organized. I was recently laid off my job, and since I was already selling on eBay and Amazon, I decided to do it fulltime. I always say the fun part is shopping for all the great stuff to sell. I already had a basement full of stuff and now I’ve added a ton more. I haven’t written on ehow for awhile, but I’m still getting a little check. I love reading your blog when I get a chance. You offer lots of helpful information.

Thanks!

P.S. I hope to update my blog this week; I had some great sales on eBay recently.

Imogenes last blog post..My Auctions, Check Back Often!

• Reena May 18, 2009, 4:57 pm

I recently stumbled on your blog on one of Ehow’s forums. And I must say you do a great job with it. There’s so much to learn!

I’ve been writing for Associated Content for the past three months, I’m slowly learning the ways the freelancing world works. Ehow has been the next step towards this direction. Some articles work on E-how, some don’t. I’m still figuring out what really works on that site 🙂

Thank you for this wealth of knowledge.

• Felicia May 18, 2009, 5:13 pm

Glad to be of help Reena.

By the way, when you figure out what really works on eHow, please let us all know! 😀

• Reena May 18, 2009, 5:18 pm

Actually with Associated Content, it’s easy to know what to expect. The upfront payments are mentioned and then you make on the views. However, not too many people talk about that website. Suite 101 and eHow are much more popular. Could you tell me why?

• Felicia May 18, 2009, 5:30 pm

I can’t speak for everyone, but I believe eHow’s popularity has something to do with how easy and quick it is to create an article and how quickly folks make money. Let’s face it, just about everyone can write a “How to” on something that they’re familiar with.

As far as Suite 101 goes, I find them to be a class act. Their editors are helpful to new writers and the pay is consistent. Having written articles for both sites I find that Suite requires more from its writers than eHow does. If I were looking to land a freelance writing gig, I would use my Suite 101 portfolio rather than my eHow portfolio.

Currently I have more than twice as many articles on eHow than I do on Suite, but I make more money from Suite. In all fairness, however, I’ve been with Suite much longer than eHow, so I anticipate in a couple of years that the eHow earnings should mirror or surpass my Suite earnings.

I tried Associated Content once, but just couldn’t warm up to it so I let it go.

• Crystal December 8, 2010, 11:11 am

Love, love, love LinkWithin – another gem found! BTW, I would not have looked twice at this eBook without your recommendation. Most online sales pages I see scream “scam” but it must just be me because they obviously work or changes would have been made long ago.

• Grandma June 14, 2011, 12:11 pm

Just came across this post today and thought it deserves a bump up for others to read. $100 a day is great, but $30 a day is okay too! Especially for home workers that do not have other expenses like vehicle costs, parking, clothing, lunches out and so forth. Lump those costs into the daily earnings because a penny saved is a penny earned. Pretty soon, that $100 a day will show up as done.

• Grandma June 15, 2011, 1:10 pm

Check out Bravenet.com if you want to try a free website. I used them several years ago and it was okay. They just revamped their website and you can get a website for free with lots of extra goodies. Counters, news, weather, etc., and you can put them on your other websites as well. They still have an affiliate program, i believe, and the website for free does carry a bunch of their ads, but so what? It’s free, the price is right.

• Felicia June 15, 2011, 1:16 pm

I used them many years ago, but opted for Blogger instead. I didn’t like their ads.

• Mimi June 16, 2011, 2:04 am
    • Felicia June 17, 2011, 7:59 am

Thanks for sharing that link, Mimi. I’ll modify the original post accordingly.