Internet niche marketing is focusing your marketing efforts on one area of a particular topic and marketing the heck out of it. Once you discover your marketing niche, you must become the resident expert in that particular area.
If just can’t seem to discover your marketing niche, here are a few tips to help you along the way:
- You should be passionate about your niche. Your passion about a topic will shine through in a website. If you get excited about growing herb gardens, for example, you will be better equipped to market to a target audience and explain the fine details of when to plant, how to plant an herb garden than someone whose passion is landscaping. Although both areas may involve growing plants, a person who is passionate about herb gardens can better communicate tips, advice and herb garden nuances than a landscaper. Similarly, if your passion is herb gardens, you may be out of your league when it comes to writing and marketing to a target audience about how and when to transplant a hydrangea bush. Stick with your passion.
- Knowledge. Even if you’re not currently an expert in the niche you’ve selected, but you have a strong desire to learn, your enthusiasm will shine through in your website. Your readers will pick up on your energy and most likely become loyal readers. For instance, if you’ve just discovered the art of growing herb gardens, you can share your experiences and growing knowledge with your targeted audience. By sharing your victories and failures, your readers, will learn what to do and what not to do through your learning experiences.
- Check to make sure that people are interested in the niche that you’ve chosen. It’s great to have all this knowledge and educate people but if you’re marketing to a niche that no one is interested in, then all you’ve managed to do is spend a lot of time defining and building a hobby. If your goal is to make money from your passion, do a little research to find out if the niche that you’re targeting will produce enough traffic and income.
- Set yourself apart from the rest. Now that you have the niche topic that you’re passionate about and you either have or are willing to gain the knowledge to create a website, you have to determine how you are going to market your website. You’ve got to ask yourself, “What makes my site different than the rest?” Take a look around at your competition to find out how they are approaching your topic. You can either re-invent the wheel or improve on the design of the wheel or approach the wheel from a different angle. What ever you decide, you have to set yourself apart from the crowd to draw your targeted audience.
- Select the right keywords. Now that you’ve defined your niche it’s time to find the right keywords to help bring the visitors to your website. Niche marketing is all about finding the right words. There are several keyword selector tools that you can use to help you determine the best ones to use in developing your site. In addition to finding the right keywords, check to see what advertisers are paying for your particular keywords.Once you’ve chosen your marketing niche and selected your keywords, you’ll need to optimize your site to make it easier for the search engines to find it. Take some time to learn about search engine optimization (SEO).