One way to earn money as an online writer is to promote products and services. Because I tend not to buy into the main stream purchasing habits, there are very few products or services that I endorse.
That being said, I’m going to make a list of products I’ve endorsed in the past (and still endorse them), and those products, services and tools I use now that continue to help me in my online writing career (and my life for that matter). Ready? Here they are:
Products I endorsed in the past (and still endorse):
- Grandma’s Little Black Textbroker Book: If you write for Textbroker, Grandma’s book is a must (original review here).
- Secrets to Success on Constant Content: Celeste shares her knowledge on how she earned four figures a month with Constant Content (my earlier review here).
- Dragon Deluxe Naturally Speaking: There’s no doubt that Naturally Speaking dramatically improves productivity. BTW, I use the Platronics Wireless Headset with Naturally Speaking. I wrote a review for the Headset on my Tidbits & Stuff site.
- Hostgator for site hosting because they’re the best in my opinion.
- Solostream for my blog themes (I sort of wrote about them here).
Some of the links above are affiliate links and others are shameless attempts to get you to check out additional posts.
Products that I’ve used and continue to use
These are the things that keep me going as a writer and a person.
- The Bible. Here’s a link to a free audio version that’s downloadable to the iPod.
- My local library. I cannot tell you how much free education and motivation I’ve received from my library.
- You Tube. Some of the motivational books I read are also available as presentations on You Tube.
- Researchability. No, that’s not a product. It’s a developed skill. Having owned NJFM for several years I find many readers have lost their ability to research. Too many ask questions and wait for someone to answer. The key to online success is being able to do the research when there’s no one around to answer your questions.
Not So Subtle Message
If you have access to a computer and the desire to earn money online, you can. The other qualities you need are the ability to learn, work hard and not quit. In other words, you don’t need to spend a lot of money on products, but you’ve got to be willing to put in the time.
About the Author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.