I usually don’t like to share updates on experiments in progress because I’ve found initial results aren’t always the same as final results, but I was so surprised at the initial results I decided to share my findings so far.
Keep in mind this experiment is very young.
What I did:
- On a couple of my blogs, I moved the Chitika ads from second or third position in the right-hand column to top billing. It’s still in the right-hand column but now it’s the first of all my widgets (I did this on 3 blogs).
- At the encouragement of the Chitika team (after reading my last blog post), I implemented Chitika’s new app called Chitika Hover. They also have another app called Chitika Highlight that works when readers highlight text from your blog post for copy and pasting, but I didn’t implement that. I’ve disabled text copying on those particular blogs.
Conditions out of My Control
As I’ve said before, my traffic is plummeting, partially because of Google algorithm changes and partially because I haven’t added any new content to my blogs in months. So, with plummeting traffic I would expect income to plummet too. My traffic is much lower this month than it was last month this time.
My Chitika income for the first 10 days of this month is 59% higher than it was for the first 10 days of last month. No matter how you slice the pie, those are nice results. The best part about this is I did precious little to see such dramatic results. I’m hoping the trend continues.
About the Author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.