≡ Menu

March was Very Good to Me

Double O ClubMarch was a great online month for me. I was able to gracefully walk into the Double O Club with my head held high. I averaged about $104 a day in residual income for the month.

I did spend some time writing on the Internet in March, but I placed my work on low or non-paying sites. Of the 27 articles I wrote, 21 were placed on low paying sites and 4 articles were placed on sites that don’t pay at all.

The non-paying sites don’t pay because I haven’t placed ads on them yet. I’m looking to experiment with different ad networks to see how well they pay. I’m still in the research stage. While I’m researching, I’m slowly adding content.

The Beauty of Past WorkFast Writer

If it were not for the work that I put in over the past 5 years, I wouldn’t have been able to earn over $3,200 of residual income in March of 2012.

I know I’ve said it before, but it’s something that’s worth repeating. Even if you are strapped for cash and must write for up front pay, do yourself a favor and squeeze out some time to write a few residual articles. You won’t get an immediate income boost, but it will grow over time.

Losing a Little Steam

It looks like April isn’t starting off where March left off. My numbers seem to be a little lower, but it’s really too early to tell. In the meanwhile, I’ll continue writing at my current pace. It seems to be working for me right now as I slowly regain my writing mojo.

How did March treat you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About the author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she’s not writing or commenting on NJFM, she’s either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Michael April 25, 2012, 4:26 pm

Congrats, Felicia! This is no small feat, as you well know. Hope to get there myself someday. Enjoy it!

• Felicia April 25, 2012, 9:42 pm

Keep at it and you’ll get there. Just be prepared for a bumpy ride. :)

• Juan April 23, 2012, 1:58 pm

That is pretty exciting. I’m still trying to build up my online assets and it seems like a pretty slow process. All of this article writing isn’t too kind on the hands :

• Felicia April 23, 2012, 9:31 pm

If you use Windows or have extra cash to purchase voice recognition software, your hands will undergo less wear and tear. At my age, I look for ways to preserve my ever aging resources.

• Bob Jones April 16, 2012, 8:28 pm

That’s great I can’t wait until I start making as much as you do. I’ve been trying to get steady money, but the traffic to my blog is so unpredictable. I wish you much success and thanks for posting.

• Felicia April 17, 2012, 3:53 pm

Unpredictability is the name of the game when it comes to online writing. You’ve got to weather a few storms, but it’s worth it in the long run.

• Dave April 13, 2012, 4:34 pm

$104/day residual?! Wow, you’re a superstar! Seriously though, you are an inspiration to those who are starting out and only see the immense amount of work of the uphill battle. Basically you just put their fears to rest by saying that if you put in consistent work, year in and year out, that you will reap the benefits. And you no doubt love what you are doing if you have stuck with it for five years! Congrats, and keep up the great work!

• Felicia April 17, 2012, 3:47 pm

Thanks Dave, but keep in mind the internet is fickle. I was in the Double O Club in March, but the membership was temporary. :)

• Ken Muise April 9, 2012, 4:25 pm

Woo Hoo!

March rocked here, as well! Got some new ventures off the ground and started working on LifeAfterthearmy.com with a fellow Soldier.

Things are heading back in the positive direction after a couple of months “OMG…this is all for not!”.

Hope you’re well!

Ken

• Felicia April 10, 2012, 7:31 am

Ken, you are an inspiration! Your new site looks good.

Wishing you all the best!

• Grandma April 8, 2012, 1:56 pm

Happy Easter to all these hard working writer types who are here and who celebrate this holiday. It’s hard to relax and take a day off…especially when a rare but pressing revision keeps coming back again and again. Had my chocolate bunny a couple days ago – could not wait!

I keep reminding myself each and every morning how important making good choices is to one’s life. Not that I go on and make those good choices all the time, but at least I am thinking about it more often.

Yes, when the Eagle flies, a person’s self-esteem does rise significantly.

• Felicia April 9, 2012, 7:55 am

Thinking about making better choices is the first step to making better choices.

• cashflowmantra April 7, 2012, 11:25 pm

I am pleased with March. It could have been better, but could have been worse as well. I will keep doing what I have been doing and watch the numbers slowly grow over time as you have done.

• Felicia April 9, 2012, 7:56 am

You seem to be doing very well. Congrats on your new online ventures!

• Joni April 5, 2012, 8:43 pm

Yes, you are very, very encouraging. Slow and steady wins the race. That is an amazing income for prior work! Work that has already been done. As you say, it really does pay! You’ve said it and we’ve all heard it but it IS exciting to get proof…nah nah nah nah boo boo…LOL.
    Congrats.
    Joni

• Felicia April 7, 2012, 8:29 am

LOL! I remember back when I started and folks asked me what I did for a living, I told them I was a writer. I was too embarrassed to say that I was a blogger. Now I’m able to tell folks I blog for a living. It’s amazing how a few dollars can build one’s confidence.

• Crystal April 5, 2012, 7:37 pm

Congrats on the Double O Club, Felicia – $104/day average is fantastic!

• Felicia April 7, 2012, 8:27 am

Thanks, Crystal. Now if only April would follow suit. It’s not looking as promising so far. Alas, the ups and down of the internet. :)

• Alexander Mark April 5, 2012, 1:41 pm

In my little corner of the universe (which is really only Hubpages) Perdy good – my monthly HP income went up about 3 dollars and on Adsense, I made almost 2 dollars for the month – which is double anything I’ve made before. March must be blogger month. Mind you I haven’t been able to write a thing – I so badly want to quit my job so I can write and watch my income grow a little more quickly!

• Felicia April 7, 2012, 8:26 am

Keep at it, Alexander. The income will grow if you spend a little time nurturing it. I’m rooting for you to quit your job in the near future.

• Grandma April 4, 2012, 12:30 pm

You are amazing, inspiring, AND successful! Keep encouraging us; perhaps we can someday join you in that club.

• Felicia April 5, 2012, 8:30 am

Come on and join me! :)

• Grandma April 18, 2012, 10:26 am

Just looked at an old “business plan”…from a few months ago. One point of interest for that month was to “find one new source of income”…now, if I had actually done that in January and each month thereafter, I would be enjoying about 4 new income streams right now. It’s time to get serious; you are proof that it can be done.

• Felicia April 18, 2012, 11:36 am

I’m glad you pulled out the old plan. It’s never too late to start looking for more sources.