eCover Creator 3D Software

| November 18, 2011

eCover Creator 3D SoftwareSome of you noticed that I changed the cover of my ebook from this:Old eBook Cover
To what it is now (as displayed in the column to the right).

Why did I Change the Cover?

I realize from the popularity of the posts on this blog that people want to earn money. Some people want to learn about the ins and outs of the blogging industry first and then make money, but more folks want the cold hard cash.Cash

My book provides the fundamentals of blogging (according to Felicia) and how to get started making money. I share some of my tips and methods for monetizing my blogs. I truly believe the information contained therein is helpful.

Did the Content Change?

No. The content is the same except for the footer that previously read No Job for Mom’s Blogging for Beginners and now reads Make Money Blogging.

What Did I Use for the New Cover?

For the old cover, I used a free online service. All you need to do is upload your 350 x 400 pixel photo and it will create a book cover image for you to copy and paste onto your book.

For the new (and more professional looking) cover I used eCover Creator 3D Software.  It’s an online software which costs $47 (one-time charge for unlimited use). eCover Creator offers a basic selection of modifiable book covers which can be used to create CD, DVD, soft or hard book covers and more.

You have the option to use their templates or upload your own image. I chose to use their template because it was quick and easy. Within a few minutes I had several book cover options to choose from.

Why I Chose eCover Creator 3D Software

I chose eCover Creator 3D because it’s inexpensive and easy to use. There were so many robust, Photoshop-compatible programs, but I don’t use PhotoShop. I’m still using an old version of Paint Shop Pro (version 8). I didn’t think it was necessary to purchase PhotoShop just to make a book cover.

The downside to using eCover is the image size. The cover image size of 298 x 354 doesn’t always make a smooth transition to the Kindle 600 x 800 pixel format, but that’s something I can work around.

Affiliate Program

Since I used it and liked it I decided to become an affiliate for eCover Creator. They offer a 50/50 split with their affiliates. Yes, the above links are affiliate links. Just a heads up, the software creator, Business Jolt, doesn’t allow you to purchase the software using your own affiliate link (bummer).

Tags: , ,

Category: Affiliates, eBooks

1. Rick says:

There appears to be NO way to contact the seller of ecovercreator3d and my password now doesn’t work and there’s no way to get support. if someone knows of a support contact e-mail or phone number, please let us all know.

When I had a problem with ecovercreator, I sent an email to support (support@businessjolt.com) and they responded promplty. Hopefully they’ll respond just as quickly to you.

2. CNW says:

Hi, it looks really good. Think I’ll download your ebook. Does ecover creator offer support? There doesn’t seem to be any contact info on their website. I wanna make sure I can use it.

They have videos that explain how to use the software. The software is pretty much intuitive. When I signed up, they provided a link for their help desk if I had any problems.

• CNW says:

Thank you so much for your reply. I got nervous when I couldn’t find any more information. How long is the user license for when we buy it? Thanks.

CNW, buying the license gives unlimited usage. It’s sort of like buying your own copy of the software, but it’s installed on a remote server. I think I read somewhere on their site that they decided to host it on their own server because it made it easier to update the software instead of issuing software upgrades, patches and releases. Makes sense when you think about it.

3. Deanna says:

Thanks for sharing this. I like your new cover – it looks very professional. I’ve been keeping my eyes open for any ideas on self-publishing from covers to programs – so this will help. 🙂
    Deanna recently posted…Self-Publishing, Promoting and Advertising – Always Something New to LearnMy Profile

Love the new cover, Felicia – very attention-grabbing! And the change in title is not only more attractive to potentials readers, it’s also a better indication of the contents. Isn’t it great that modern technology makes these kinds of changes so easy? You could never do this with a printed book:)
    Crystal recently posted…New Hairdo – the Big Reveal!My Profile

You’ve got a point about printed books. With ebooks, I can run several campaigns using different covers to see which works best.That would be much harder and not to mention more expensive if it were a printed book.

5. jen says:

My friend and I published a book on Amazon a couple of years ago and I just got around to formatting it for Kindle. Instead of redoing the cover design, I hired someone on Fiverr to do it for me. It should be done by the end of the weekend. I’ll keep you updated and let you know if I am happy with it.
    jen recently posted…What Black Friday Says about your Business StyleMy Profile

6. Loretta says:

I like the new cover. Looking good!
    Loretta recently posted…A Boomer’s Introspection on The PurposeMy Profile