Curiosity Post

| June 29, 2011

CuriousAre your earnings starting to pick up after Panda?

I’m not asking if your earnings are where they were before Panda, I really want to know if your earnings are still dropping, remaining flat or taking an upward turn.

If your earnings are still dropping, are you working harder at the same venues in the hopes that things will turn around?

If your earnings are flat, are you doing just enough to stop them from falling, but not enough to turn things around?

If you notice your earnings are increasing each month (and yes, consistently earning $5 more each month is an improvement), please share what you’re doing.

It’s my belief that Panda has rearranged the way we do things, but things seem to be settling down to a new normal. I’m just wondering if I’m the only one finding this to be the case.

Tags: ,

Category: Earning Money

1. Robert says:

I’m glad the Panda has been friendly to you. My Adsense earnings have nearly doubled, and I don’t have a clue why. But I don’t think I’m going to change anything.

2. I’m finding that although I’m still quite a ways from my pre Panda earning levels, that things have definitely stabilized and are trending upwards once again. If this continues I should be back solidly on my feet just in time for Christmas season, so here’s to working and hoping!
    Master Dayton recently posted…The Keyword Academy ReviewMy Profile

I think things are bottoming out. It’s either it has bottomed out or we all have made the necessary changes in our online writing to help offset Panda’s effects.

I’m cautiously optimistic that my July earnings will be in the general vicinity of my pre-panda earnings.

3. Ignatius says:

Sorry, I’m a little late checking in. My Adsense earnings on my niche site went up by a pretty good percentage right after Panda (dollar amounts aren’t all that impressive :)). My traffic is still up, but the earnings are now just slightly higher than pre-Panda. That might be a seasonal thing.

Hubpages just flat-out died for me, but I only had one article there that ever got much traffic. Oddly, I’m still getting some traffic for my little mini-articles on Xomba.

4. LilyRose says:

My Suite earnings picked up a bit in June. Nothing amazing, but it’s a small upward trend. I’ve noticed that my page views are not anywhere where they used to be pre-Panda, but that’s a good thing. If my revenue is going up, but my page views are down, that will pay off in the end when my page views are on the increase. So I’m happy w/ this trend.

As for July so far, ironically July 4th was my best day for Suite. This proves I can never predict anything when it comes to online income, lol.

I like the new photo, Felicia 🙂

Thanks, LilyRose.

I wish my earning were trending up. They seem to be continuing their slide. I can’t really complain because I haven’t written anything new in months.

5. Prerna says:

While my S101 earnings are picking up,my HP are doing surprisingly well. Thing is, most of my HP earnings are from Amazon and it is double of what it was in May.

And no, I haven’t done anything for either site since I’ve been really busy working for my own clients and business blogs. So, am a happy camper. I’m not putting in any extra effort for either one of the sites and I’m still getting good (if you can call, post-Panda earnings that) returns. 🙂
    Prerna recently posted…Moms in Business: An Interview with Darcy, of His & Hers PhotographyMy Profile

Glad to hear about the upturn in your earnings. My Suite earnings are flat, but I did notice my HubPages have picked up quite a bit.

6. Deb says:

I had published only 37 articles at Suite and another 110 or so at Associated Content, so I wasn’t making that much to start with. I was pleased before the Panda changes.

Following what you and others say, I dug in my heels, learned a lot about Internet marketing, although I’m still just a beginner. I’ve not monetized my site yet, but I am loving the traffic and methods I’m learning.

Little by little, all these tidbits gleaned from studying successful people add up.

I had 8 articles at eHow. Plus I’ve written a few hundred for Demand Media (all up front).

I’m seeing that having your own websites is definitely the way to go.

Thanks for all you do here, Felicia. I’ve been reading your blog off and on for about a year and like others, love it.

7. kidgas says:

I just bypassed my May AdSense total which is down quite a bit following Panda. For now, I would have to say I think they are flattening out but really won’t know for another month or two to see a definite trend.
    kidgas recently posted…I Got My Work Cut Out For MeMy Profile