This one is a freebie. If you want to learn the basics of becoming an online freelance writer, download So You Want to Be a Freelance Writer (also available in Kindle format).

Tips on Writing for Constant Content

Constant-Content

Constant Content

With the recent one-two blow to the online freelance writing community we all need to reassess our writing venues and decide how to move forward. This pivotal moment will speak volumes about you and your online writing career. I’ve already heard rumblings from some folks about giving up because this stuff is too hard and it just won’t work.

They’re right. “It” just won’t work. “You” have to do the work. It’s not easy, but it’s not as hard as some folks make it out to be.

WriterFinding Different Venues

In an attempt to find new venues to continue earning money online (for those folks who haven’t given up), I’d like to re-introduce a book that I’ve made mention of in the past. This book is written by Celeste Stewart and the name of the book is Celeste Stewart’s Secrets to Success on Constant-Content.com

What is Constant-Content?

Constant-Content is a site where freelance writers can sell their articles. There is the potential for both up front (sort of) and residual earnings. The payment model is totally different from Suite 101, eHow, HubPages and the like. On Constant-Content it’s up to the writer to determine the article price and the rights they’re willing to sell with the article.

There are three pricing/rights options:

• Usage: This means the article can be sold several times to different buyers. The price for usage articles are the lowest. Usage articles remain on the Constant-Content site for sale over and over again.
  • Unique: With unique articles, the purchaser can use the article over and over again on several of his own websites. Once it’s purchased, it’s removed from the Constant-Content site. Unique articles are sold at a higher price than usage articles.
  • Full Rights: Selling an article with full rights is like ghost writing the article. The purchaser buys full rights which means the owner can change the content of the article and even re-sell it if she so chooses. Full rights articles are removed from CC upon sale. When setting prices, full rights articles are sold for a higher price than both the usage and unique articles.

The Editorial Process

Unlike the content farms we’ve all written for, the editorial process on Constant-Content is strict. The articles on the site define Content-Content. If they put up grammatically incorrect or poorly written content for sale, it affects both their reputation and their financial bottom line. Therefore, they take the editorial process seriously.

Why Celeste’s Book?Secrets to Success on Constant-Content

The reason why I’m recommending Celeste’s book is because she is a successful author at Constant-Content. In her first month she earned $300. She is now earning a four-figure income each month. She also holds the #2 Top-Selling Writers position with over 2,500 articles sold.

If you’re going to learn about a site, why not learn from one who is successful and who is willing to share her secrets. In her 37-page book Celeste not only shares her philosophy of writing for Constant-Content but she goes into detail explaining the user interface, the editorial process and her strategy on how to make Constant-Content a lucrative venue for you.

The manner in which she writes the book gives an indication as to why she’s so successful. Her down to earth, straightforward, user-friendly tone makes it easy for anyone to pick up the book, follow her advice and do well on Constant-Content. The key words in that last sentence are “follow her advice.”

Getting Started

I especially like the section in the book where she provides exercises for getting started. All too often we take in information to the point of information overload. Once we reach information overload we become paralyzed and we don’t know what to do next. Celeste solves that problem. She gives specific exercises to do to get you moving in the right direction.

The common underlying theme with successful freelance writers is that it does not happen overnight and you must hone your writing skills. Celeste’s book is no different.

I highly recommend Celeste Stewart’s Secrets to Success on Constant-Content.com for anyone who is looking for alternative ways to earn money online as a freelance writer. Even if you’re working hard to resurrect your old articles on the ailing content sites, it’s good to have alternatives.

FYI: This post contains affiliate links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share

Filed Under: Constant ContentLegitimateOpportunities

About the Author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

RSSComments (18)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. Julie says:

What I love most about CC is that you can write whatever you want. I just had a client not pay me for a bunch of articles so they are all being put up for sale on CC. :)
    Julie recently posted..Superpoints Double Spins!!

2. Geoff says:

I’ve never written for Constant Content but I have purchased a few articles from them. All had grammatical errors and with one article, I had to contact the author and get permission to make the necessary changes. I swore to never buy articles from there again.

That was two years ago, though. Maybe quality has improved since then.

3. Tan says:

I came to know about CC. I read a lot, about the guidelines, procedures and everything else that I needed to read before submitting. Then I submitted 3 articles. One 2500+ word article and other two in the range of 500-750 words articles.

I got an email, after days of waiting for the review, telling my article has been rejected and I am not allowed to post anything again! I still do not know which article was rejected and what happened with the other two articles.

Disappointed!!

I think I need the books you are recommending, Felicia. I want to start all over again; but I wonder if I would get a second chance ever with CC!!

Tan, I’m sorry to hear about your experience with CC. Since I don’t actively write for them, I don’t know their procedure on second chances. Have you tried contacting them to get more information about why you were rejected?

2500 Words is a big article for a first go ’round with a new site. If you do get a second chance, try a much shorter initial article. My first for them was between 400 and 500 words. This way it’s easier for them to read through the article to get a flavor of your writing.

Let us know how things work out.

• Linda says:

One thing about Constant Content is that once you have 3 rejections they will boot you out. No doubt all 3 of your articles were rejected. You should really only submit one at a time and get their feedback first. Reading and following everything they say before you submit another. They are stringent about grammar, spelling, no first-person etc. I joined just recently and sold two articles. Hope to sell more soon.

4. Tracy says:

I attempted to submit articles to CC a few months back. I heard that they have a more stringent editorial process. So I had an editor that I know look over each article before I sent it in. Despite this, my articles were handed back to me each time with corrections needed. The message boards indicated that after many more rejections, I wouldn’t be allowed to submit again. I suppose I got discouraged and gave up.
    Tracy recently posted..Combination Planters – A high-Impact Solution to No Space

Hmmm, giving up…

Tracy, work it until either you’re successful or they kick you out. Don’t let message boards discourage you to the point of giving up.

I hope you try again and come back to share your results (good or bad, although I have the feeling you’ll have good results).

I have to chime in on Celeste’s outstanding customer service. I was having trouble downloading (problem on my end, I’m sure) and feared I’d use up my five tries. Well, Celeste to the rescue! A simple email with my concerns and all was taken care of within minutes. Way to go, Celeste!
    Crystal recently posted..How Flexible Are You

6. Tashana says:

OKAY, this is how you do business and keep people coming back. Felicia I had to share this with you and your readers. I just purchased all 3 of Celeste Stewart’s eBooks, not knowing that if I purchased the $37 workbook that I would get the $17 Writing Articles for the Web book for free.

Well, as I am reading through and following the instructions in the workbook I realized that I did just that; paid for them both. I did not want to go through the pains of trying to get a refund for the $17, at least not right now, so I figured I’d deal with it later. And much to my surprise the refund came to me almost instantaneously. How is that for GREAT BUSINESS RELATIONS. I didn’t have to call, hassle, wait for 3 months for the refund to hit my account, nothing.

Thanks again for introducing us to Celeste and I thank Celeste for understanding the importance of great customer service.

Just wanted to share!

Tashana
    Tashana recently posted..Build a better boss the Google way

7. Tashana says:

Thank you Felicia. I just downloaded all 3 books. I’ve been signed up with CC for a while and have only posted one article. As I am getting into the swing of doing this more often (now having had 2 assignments accepted on Textbroker – yeahhh) I’m feeling pretty good about my abilities to actually put more ‘umph’ into my writing.

By the way, THANK YOU, for kicking me in the proverbial writers’ pants . I don’t know what I was afraid of. You’ll be pleased to know that on TB in less than 1 week, I’ve made — ta daaaa – $7.29, and I’m ecstatic …I see that 7.29 as 1729 and more…

Thanks again Felicia. You have been the best mentor, and you probably didn’t even know you’d signed up for the job.
    Tashana recently posted..Build a better boss the Google way

Whooo hooo! Tashana, my work with you is done! You’re on your way. There’s no stopping you now.

I’m very happy that you decided to take the risk. It’s funny; I think I believed in you more than you did. That’s all changing now. Congrats on your recent windfall at Textbroker. :)
      Keep up the good work!

8. Renee says:

I’ve had decent success on CC, selling most of my articles. I have no idea why I have not written more articles. It’s one of the best feelings to get the email that says your article has sold. I will definitely contribute more and pick up Celeste’s book in the near future.

9. kidgas says:

Constant content is something that I had considered in the past although I must admit didn’t really think about since the Panda update. It would provide a good alternative venue as opposed to building up individual sites especially for material that wouldn’t fit well within a particular site.

This question is for Deanna: Have you earned much in your 4 years there?
    kidgas recently posted..eHow- HubPages- and Future Plans

10. Deanna says:

Great post, Felicia. Constant-Content is a wonderful place to write for and earn income. I have been writing there for 4 years and have always been happy with it. Now that the residual income sites have dropped so dramatically, I plan to spend more time writing for CC.
    Deanna recently posted..Sites that Pay Up-Front for Articles and Blog Posts

11. Thanks for the recommendation, Felicia – I’ve purchased the eBook. I looked into Constant-Content before and even have an account there (I think) but have not yet listed an article. So this guide is just what I need! And now that I have my eReader, I can download the guide and study it any time, any place I want.
    Crystal @ Custom Memorial Quilts recently posted..A Gift from Doug