Demand Studios Closes WCA Program

| April 29, 2011 | 7 Comments
Lost Opportunity

Lost Opportunity

Well it looks like Demand Studios is no longer accepting articles under the Writer Created Assignment Program. I happened to sign in to check my earnings and saw the notification. Mosey over to Deanna’s blog, The Write Mom, for a full write up.

Although I’m concentrating 99% of my writing efforts on my own endeavors, if I were going to write articles for a content site, it would have been for the Demand Studios WCA program. Those articles seem to earn pretty well.

Carpe Diem

What we are all quickly learning about the online world is that when an opportunity presents itself, seize it. Don’t ponder too long. Make a decision, jump on it and work it hard. You never know how long the opportunity will be available.

It’s similar to purchasing gas. If you see gas at a good price, fill ‘er up. You know you’re going to need gas eventually; you might as well get it now when the price is better than what it will be later.

Tags: , ,

Category: Demand Studios, Legitimate, Opportunities

OMG – now they’re shutting down the original eHow WCP! Won’t be too big of a financial hit for me but I know a lot of others derive significant income there. Dang! Has anyone checked out the offer to buy the articles? I’m afraid to click on it because it says you have to provide payment info and it doesn’t say that you’ll be able to think about it. Has anyone checked it out? Is it decide now or SOL? Or is there a second chance within the stated timeframe?

Click on the link, Crystal. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

• Crystal says:

Thanks, Felicia – I did it. The offer seems fair enough but I’m probably going to decline. If they just wanted the ones that actually make money, I’d sell. But several of the others are perfect for my own sites so I figure it’s content I don’t have to write and there’s no sense throwing it away. How about you? I’m assuming there will be a post on this very topic soon:)

Well, Felicia – I’ve been gone a week and totally missed this news at DMS. So thanks for cluing me in. You’re right – we should be seizing opportunities while we can. I only got 3 WCA submitted and now can do no more. Oh well – when one door closes, another usually opens so I guess I’ll just wait to see what pops up next.

3. Douglas Prater says:

Thanks for this post, Felicia. Although I’m not a DS writer, the “Carpe Diem” message has helped me make another important decision. I’ve been stuck in analysis paralysis over whether or not to pull the trigger on purchasing web hosting and a domain name for a new blog.

The initial “6 months free” offer from 1&1 expires tomorrow, and I’ve put the decision off. I am presently pretty busy with private client/direct order Textbroker work, so I’ve struggled with the internal debate over whether I’ll have enough time to dedicate to creating and maintaining a high-quality blog.

I know that making this leap will be important to the health of my career, and it’s one I’ll need to make eventually. You’ve persuaded me to “fill ‘er up” while the gas is cheap.

Good for you, Douglas.

You’ll also find that maintaining a high-quality blog isn’t as difficult as it seems. If you write quality, no matter how frequently or infrequently your write it, your blog should do well.

On my most lucrative blogs, I average about a post a week some months and other months I average a post every other week (I’ve also skipped months). Here on NJFM, I post when I have something to say, and when I don’t, I don’t (I was a bit chatty today because I had two posts).

Go with the flow. Blogging shouldn’t be difficult.