Online Opportunity: Working Solutions

| May 24, 2010 | 92 Comments

Working SolutionsApparently, some time ago I had applied to work for a company called Working Solutions. I can’t quite remember when I applied, but when I recently received an e-mail stating that I had been accepted and that I should set up an interview, I thought it was a scam.

Rather than delete the email, I went to the Working Solutions website and logged into my account (using the info given to me in the email). When I logged in I saw that it wasn’t a scam and that I had indeed applied quite some time ago.

My Gut Feeling about Working Solutions

It seems to be a legitimate company and would work well for someone willing to work in a call center or customer service capacity. According to their website, applicants can make anywhere from $7-$30 an hour as a customer service rep. You must have a functioning computer, a land telephone line and high-speed Internet access.

You can set your hours by letting Working Solutions know which hours and days you are available for work.

Customer Service RepAfter reviewing this opportunity, I’m surprised that I had applied. I must have applied when I first started my work at home venture (that gives you an idea as to how speedy their approval process is). Although I believe it’s a legitimate operation, it’s just not the type of job that I was looking for.

Open Opportunity

It sounds like a nice opportunity for anyone looking to earn extra cash from home and is willing to work as a customer service rep. According to my confirmation email I have two weeks in which to schedule my interview. If I don’t schedule it within that period of time they will assume that I’m not interested and will look for someone else. Who knows, if you’re truly interested in Working Solutions, maybe you can take my open slot.

I’d be interested in hearing from anyone who is working or has worked with Working Solutions.

Tags: , , ,

Category: Legitimate, Opportunities, Working Solutions

Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

1. DanaJ says:

I have been working for Working Solutions since December 2011 and it is NOT a scam. I am disabled and I have worked for several work from home companies including West, and Convergys and I can tell you that Working Solutions is the BEST. Even though Convergys offers health insurance, etc, I hated it because the schedules they dictate are horrible. Working Solutions allows for your own schedule and the money is great.

2. WS-2012 says:

Just applied today. And I think it did not go so well with the final test.

3. earleydeb says:

I applied for Working Solutions on May 29, 2012 and got a call for the interview August 10, 2012, they said they would email me the results in 2 weeks. I told them I would get a landline if offered a job and the headsets, they said that would be fine.

They test your computer before you can schedule the interview.

• Ann says:

Hi, just wondering if you heard back from them. I also did a phone interview today and was told I’d hear something in 2 weeks if there was a project available.

4. Stacy says:

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Sabre test for Working Solutions?
    And what I should expect?

• WAHM says:

I’ve taken it… It’s pretty self explanatory if you know the system, though it varies from person to person to prevent cheating. :)

5. Hkelly says:

I am getting ready to take the second part of the Working Solutions test and I was just wondering if anyone knew what I could expect on the phone test?

6. Regina says:

This won’t work for me, as I have ” wireless ” internet.

7. Saysay07 says:

I feel like I did terrible on part 2 of the process. I had all the right things to say but was confused on how they wanted the first part to play out. Do you tell them what you would do or do you act as though you are speaking to the customer?? I think I did much better on the 2nd part but I’m nervous now cause it seems like a cool company to work for. Keep you posted! Wish me luck!

• Brandi says:

Did they ever contact you back? If so, are you or did you work for them and how is/was it?

I am a single mother of 2 and new to the work at/from home scene. I am just doing lots of research and trying to find the absolute best fit for me and my kids at this point.

8. Saysay07 says:

Also, during the “test”, what types of things are asked? Thanks again!

9. Saysay07 says:

I was wondering if the phone test is actually live or if it is recorded before they invite you to an actual telephone. Thanks so much!

10. Harry says:

I worked for Working Solutions. The project manager was nice however I didn’t care for the trainer. I couldn’t stay on the project because I didn’t believe in the product I was trying to retain. After further research on my own I actually did realize some of the customers were scammed. I did not have the stomach to participate with it any longer. I continue to work from home but found something that did not make me feel sick doing. Please be careful in selecting your projects. Also they did not mention that we HAD to commit to 12 hours on the weekends until the training was almost over. Several people dropped out at that point. They had us thinking it was 12 hours during the week.

11. Teddy says:

How long does it normally take for the company to get back to you after the 2nd interview? Just curious because I completed it a few days ago and watching my email closely. After reading all the comments seems like an awesome company to work for. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sabrina says:

Hi Teddy

I dont know to say that there really is a timeframe of when they will contact you. I know that they get a lot of applicants so it my take awhile. Hopefully soon you will know something and please be sure to keep me posted and if you should need help with anything once you hear back. Good luck!!!!

• Lucian says:

Hi Teddy,

I too have been diligently checking my email for notification that I’ve been selected to work a project for WS. However, sadly I must say I’m still waiting. I had the final phone interview on March 31, 2012. From the other postings I understand that I could be in for a long wait. I don’t know if the lack of contact from the company means that I wasn’t selected or if it simply means that there hasn’t been any projects for which I meet the required qualifications. I currently telework FT for a state agency however seeking fewer hours to spend more time with my son. An opportunity with WS would be ideal, to be able to select my hours. Well, good luck! Keep us posted. I sure hope that email comes soon for the both of us.

12. Nicole Vaughan says:

Yes that really helped thank very much!!!!

13. Sabrina says:

You can def use your laptop as long as like you said you connect it thru your landline. This is for you security and the client because you while have to log into secure systems. So unfortunatelty you cant use your WIFI while training working but I just connect with the ethernet cord to my router while I work and then go back to wireless when I’m not working. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

14. Nicole Vaughan says:

I just finished taking my 2 part test so i am just waiting to hear back about the interview. I was just wondering if i could do WS from my laptop if i can get if connected to my landline. Right now i just pick up off wi-fi

15. Sabrina says:

I have worked for Working Solutions on numerous projects since 2010–I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this company. The people are great, he trainers and project managers are awesome and everyone is so helpful- I did a lot of research on at home companies before choosing this one, I was pregnant and was unable to work a standard 9-5 due to complications thru my pregnancy so I had to take it easy but still needed to bring income into the household. I have also worked for a few others and none of them come close to Working Solutions. The flexibility is awesome I’m able to be home for my kids after school and take care of my now 2 year old daughter and balance work, kids activities and still have some sense of “sanity” at the end of the night. i would highly recommend this company for anyone looking to work from home. You get what you give and depending on the project you can have great flexibility. I’m with this company for the long haul and I hope this will encourage others to know that this is a truly legitimate company and wont disappoint you like many others!!!

• Rochelle says:

Sabrina, Thank you soo much for your comments and it makes feel better about my choice to apply for Working Solutions. I am now getting ready to take Part 2 of the application process. I would appreciate anything you might be able to tell me about the Part 2 test, so that I know what to expect. I am kinda nervous. :)
      Thank you for anything that might help me be able to get onboard with this great company.

• Sabrina says:

Hi Rochelle

Its been awhile since I had to take the test–But I believe part 2 is where you call in so they can hear how your voice sounds and your responses to certain things- If so just be polite, use your best phone voice, be calm and most importantly sound CONFIDENT.. You have made it this far so just be you and dont sound robotic or rehearsed-You will do just fine. Please let me now what happens and let me now if you should need anything else. Good Luck!

• Rochelle says:

Hi Sabrina, Thank you so much for responding. I just took a breath and got it over with. LOL! I know it may take a while to hear from them. I am excited with the possibilities. Thank you for the tips! I’ll let you know what happens! :)

• LOUISE says:

Hello Sabrina,

I was inspired by your note of 4/1/12 advising how much you enjoyed your relationship with Working Solutions. I am recently retired, always enjoyed the business world and wish to continue in a part-tme position in my home environment. I am presently in the process of reviewing my options.

Many Thanks,

• Sabrina says:

Makes me feel good to know I inspired someone. Thank you for putting a smile on my face today because its been a hard one 😉
        I hope all works out for you and if you should need anything feel free to drop me a line. Who knows we may even work a project together!!!

• Angela says:

Hello. If you don’t mind me asking what is the average income that you earn in a month with Working Solutions? I to am a pregnant mom and have a 3 year old and home right now. I drive 76 miles round trip a day to work and would love to be able to stay at home with my kids and also bring in some income. I am looking for any information you can give me on this company and their projects. Your help and information would be greatly appreciated.

• Sabrina says:

Hi Angela,

Sorry so late to respond been alot going on :)
        Your income can vary depending on a few factors. 1)The project you accept some range between 10-18.00/hr. 2 Whatver project you accept will have weekly minumums that you will have to meet for ex: 15 hrs minumim or higher. It rea;;y just depends on what project you are on and how much of a “need” they have. 3)You get what you give–If you see there are hrs open beyond your minumum than grab them if you can-Pace yourself so that you dont ge overwhelmed especially with your little one :)

Just make sure that whatever project you accept that you are aware of all the requirements and dont be afraid to ask the liklihood that you will be able to work over and beyond what the minimum they need is. This will be your business and so a flexible as you are the more you will get out of it. Also once you have worked awhile you may find that you can take on additional projects for more income if you can meet the requirements of each project

Hope this helps–let me know if you need any more help and Good luck!

• Heidi says:

Thanks so much, this reassures me for this company!

16. Lucian says:

WHEW! I just completed the Working Solutions phone interview. It was scheduled for 12:00 AM EST and the phone rang right on the dot. It’s hard for me to evaluate my performance because the questions were so varied, and the interviewers tone didn’t change throughout the entire call. There really wasn’t much time to gather my thoughts between questions, no lull in the conversation, and we were done at 12:15 AM. I didn’t feel as if the caller was really trying to get an understanding of my abilities or experience, but followed a script to get through her checklist in order to move on to the next interview. Well, we’ll see if I receive the email notification that I made the cut. I’m really looking forward to meeting the challenge.

17. Dianne says:

Excited! I have my interview in the morning at 9:30 a.m. I completed my application about 3 weeks ago. I nailed the phone scenario. I am a little nervous about the phone interview but I know it should bo well. I will keep you updated.

18. Lucian says:

Thanks so much for all of the comments regaring WS from those who have or are currently working for the company. I received an invite for the phone interview, however learned that my computer doesn’t have enough memory. I currently work FT (40 hours, M-F) from home for a state agency that doesn’t allow me much time to spend with my son during the week, which is my priority. For that reason WS appeals to me as I could choose the scedule that meets my familial needs. I’m having more RAM added to my system today, which will cost around $20 (a computer wiz friend will install). I figure it’s a minimal amount to incur even if I’m not offered a position I’ll be sure to comment as to whether I’m actually hired at a later date.

19. Greg says:

Just curious if anyone who has worked for them has ever had training delayed after being accepted, or have ever had a project outright canceled (not because of anything you did, just that it got pulled).

• Trina says:

Yes happens.Sometimes the clients change their mind or have system issues but they are legitimate and the WSOL Mgmt Team is really good about telling you about other projects they have if they need help to get you working. My first project with them was delayed a month. Another project was cancelled all together. I am currently working on 2 now and WSOL is always looking to add more to their list of projects available..Just be patient..its worth it!!

• Greg says:

Thanks Trina. Just had a project assigned…then delayed…then rescheduled…then postponed indefinitely.

It’s not that I am skeptical about the legitimacy of WS. I’m just curious how common this “laid off by E-mail” scenario is with them. It seems as though once you get in a groove with a project of two it’s smooth sailing, but it is incredibly frustrating to try an make forward plans and then 4 days later have the whole thing pulled out from under you.

Not giving up, just venting 😛

20. FLGirl says:

I just wanted to thank you for your post about Working Solutions. I was hired on with them last week, and have started a wonderful long-term project with them. I was out of work for a long time, and this really helps! If it were not for your wonderful blog, I would never have known about this company! Thank you again!

Awesome, FLGirl! I’m so glad it worked out well for you. Congrats!

• FLGirl says:

Thank you Felicia! I also wanted to let you know, and hope that it helps others looking to work for Working Solutions, that you ABSOLUTELY have to have a landline phone. I thought I was going to be okay because we have cable phone, the cable company even told me that I have a landline, and I went live on my project Friday night, and even though everything was fine, i found out i will not be able to use my cable phone because it will cause my time on to not be reported properly, and cause me to lose money. So you have to have the right kind of landline to do it. Thank you again for your wonderful blog!

21. Lucian says:

I signed up for WS last week and completed the mock phone call the same night, which I felt would surely disqualify me because I was very nervous. Well, to my surprise today I received the email notification that I passed both parts 1 and 2 of the application process, and have been invited to complete the phone interview. All of your comments have been helpful, thanks so much for posting. I wanted to know if they were a legit company before I allowed them to test the compatiblity of my computer. Can’t wait to actually start working. I’ll keep everyone informed as to whether or not I actually land a project.

22. USMCvet says:

I currently work for Working Solutions and take incoming calls at home. I have 2 small kids, so my wife watches them while I work. I simply close & lock the office door (with some towels for soundproofing). They ARE legitimate. The pay is good, the companies they contract with are top tier companies. I cant comment on other projects, but the 2 projects I work on pay anywhere from $9.50 to $15/hr depending on call volume, performance, and which project it is. I average about $12.50-13/hr. Each has a 15-hour per week minimum, but I have 2 so I have some flexibility when hours are tight on one.

If considering Working Solutions you should know these things:

-It took me almost 3 years after applying to get in. Don’t expect a quick response, but I hear they are getting better.

-You will need some money (maybe $50-500). Not that you need to set up an office, but I recommend a HIGH quality Plantronics headset.

-You will need a LANDLINE (not VOIP, not from the cable company, dont know about the newer FIOS though).

-“Home” noises are NOT tolerated. Don’t hope you can work while watching kids. There ARE some data entry projects, but not many.

– There is a short learning curve, but unlike some others, Working Solutions DOES pay for training. You do have to work the project for 50 hours for training pay, but I think that’s fair.

– Other than the Plantronics headset, you will need a decent computer, antivirus software, and a good personality.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It will be helpful to other readers.

• Hodeaner Woodruff says:

I am curious; you stated that it took Working Solution 3 years before hiring you. Can you provide the approximate date when you applied?
      I am curious because I just had an interview and I was wondering how long it will take them to reply.
      Also, can you provide some of the jobs you have already been contracted for?

23. Monica says:

umair and Cheri that’s so funny I just took the “phone test” I was not prepared for the tapped testing approach……I sounded really great when it started but then I realized I had to wait for the beep to actually start that was only for you to “collect your thoughts”…then I began to sound like an idiot rambling on jumping off topic OMG I was so embarrassed…then it happened again LOL….I just ended it with “I’m sure you get this a lot and hope you’ll see thru the anxiety. I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one and that I might still have a chance.

• Cheri says:

I’ll bet they will be impressed with your closing statement because it was spontaneous (indicating quick thinking), well-constructed (command of the language)and heartfelt (compassionate). It sounds to me like you did very well.

24. Greg says:

Hi everyone thanks for posting your input on WSOL. It sounds like a great opportunity.

I applied in March, got an email about a month ago to set up an interview, nailed my interview, and received a “Congratulations you passed the screening” email about two weeks ago.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me approximately how long it takes to actually get from the “You can work for us” step to the “We have something for you to work on step.”

I hope it isn’t as long as the hiring process…

Am I just being impatient or should I have expected something back by now about a project?

Getting nervous…

• Cheri says:

It could take anywhere from weeks to months for a project to become available – and it’s contingent on whether your qualifications match their current openings. For example, my project (credit monitoring) is subject to seasonal fluctuations, and right now fewer agents are required. Be patient but, if you really need a job, don’t turn down any other offers just to hold out for Working Solutions.

25. Trina says:

I have been working for WSOL for a year. Started out as seasonal and I was very nervous whether it was legitimate or not. It proved to be a priceless asset. There is another website that has legitimate WAH jobs that I have enlisted some my associates with and they are/have been pleased working with these companies as an option.

26. lucy says:

hi guys quick question. What kind of skills or education do you need to have to be able to work @ Work Solution.

27. TaRoryia Purnell says:

I have been with work sol for 1 year and I am working for a major Insurance for cellular phones company and before I was working doing Chat for a Tax preperation service. I preferred the Tax Client because thats where my expertise lies, but I am currently okay with my client and enjoy the flexibility. Not alot of money but I work fulltime and make over 1500 per month.

28. CheriF says:

I have worked for Working Solutions since March 2011. It is my first WAH position, and it is working out very well for me. I am especially grateful because I can change my hours weekly as needed to accomodate my other interests and responsibilities. I applied Christmas Day 2010, and I was through the entire hiring process in 3 mos. It is my understanding that I was very lucky because I have been told that it sometimes takes years to land a Working Solutions position. Yes, I was paid for the time I invested in training. I am currently assigned to the credit reporting project that Darlene disliked, and I don’t have a problem with it. This project in particular requires a strong sales background to make you impervious to rejection. If I ever grow tired of it, I can switch to other projects. I currently make close to $14/hr which, in my estimation, is worth $16 to $17/hr when I calculate how much money I am NOT spending on commuting, lunches out and wardrobe (as I did in my past life). I have held many positions over the years including Investigative Reporter, General Sales Manager, and bank Vice-President. I am perfectly content now with Working Solutions.

I’m glad Working Solutions is working out well for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

• umair says:

Hello CheriF,

I have applied for Working solutions and finished part 1 and in part 2, I was supposed to listen a conversation and write a summary about that. I was confused and just spoke what ever I knew. The call was in progress for long time, I was waiting any response but I dint. At last my balance was over and call was disconnected. Do you think I would receive any email even after going through this horrible situation?

• Cheri says:

It’s possible. I thought my own taping was horrible. I started responding prematurely and, when the tone sounded to start, I laughed and rambled horribly. They still called me. I don’t have any great insights into their criteria, but I personally feel that they are looking for voice quality, grammar, thought progression, confidence level, stuff like that. I’m sure that they overlook obvious signs of nervousness because (I’m sure) it’s evident in every call. Think positive! They’ll call. Just don’t turn down any other jobs in the meantime (in the event Working Solutions is full up on candidates).

29. Darlene says:

I worked for Working Solutions for about 6 mths. I applied to them maybe 2 years before I was hired and I was hired at $8.50/ hr with unlimited hours. I liked wsol but I got a project that was just ugh! It consisted of me refunding $$ to customers of a credit reporting site, The work was consistent and I had nice paychecks but I could not deal w/ the constant angry phone calls.
    I’ve been sales/ customer service for years and I just couldn’t deal after so many months.

AS with any WAH job, you are responsible for taxes and many times training is not paid. For my project, once I finished my training, i think I got like $75.

AS with any work at home professional, you try to have many different “eggs” in your basket. This way you can switch up depending on the time of year, bonus structure, or you simply need a break from one particular job. I have 2 WAH jobs and I do about 15-20 hrs a week per job. I dont get bored and I can contribute to my household. NOw is it the $65k a yr I was earning as a Mortgage fraud auditor? NO! BUT, i do not have a 2 hr round trip commute daily, i fill up my tank and it last FOR A WEEK AND HALF!!, and depending how the kids homework goes, I can help and go back to work!

WAH jobs have been a God Sent!!

30. Lois says:

Would any of you who have worked with Working solutions be willing to share what your average hourly rate was with the company?

31. vicki says:

I worked for working solutions for over 3 years. Loved it!

32. Eileen says:

I have worked with Working Soulations since 2008. It’s a great company with great people and it’s no scam!

• Trina says:

Amen to that…

• Emily says:

Is it possible to work part time with working solutions? Is is possible to make at least $1200 a month working part time?

• Cheri says:

Yes, you can work part-time with Working Solutions. I am currently working the minimum of 15 hours per week. The nice thing is: I can fluctuate the number of hours I want to work on a weekly basis. With regard to the $1200 question, it depends on how many hours that you consider as PT. On my project (the credit monitoring project), I have been averaging $11-$12/hour, which means I would have to work 25 hours weekly to make your monthly goal.
          Here’s something you need to know: This job requires that your computer meet certain specificiations. I had to upgrade to Windows 7 and make some other adjustments that I was able to do fairly inexpensively. You also must have a land line like AT&T (not cable) and internet bandwidth that, in my case, only cable provides.
          Another thing: I recommended a friend who went through the interview process with WS. She jumped the gun and made all of the changes only to find out that she was not going to get hired. Call center experience does not make you a shoe-in. They are looking for things in the interview process that could exclude you, so don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched (like my friend did).

• Emily says:

Thank you for your response. I have a landline and I already have my internet through my cable company. I have no call center experience, so I am not expecting to get hired. Do you have any advice for the interview? Anyhting I should know?

• Trina says:

The interview is awesome and like with any other job involves you “selling yourself”. The basics for the job include the ability to move around technically and be able to multitask (be able to service the project and any requirements involved simultaneously). They train you on exactly what is needed and have excellent resources to assist you. So if you believe in yourself and are customer service oriented, you shouldn’t have any problems.
            Trina recently posted…I Thought SoMy Profile

• Cheri says:

You nailed it, Trina. They’re going to be very interested, too, in how you handle yourself under pressure. This is the type of job where you will get an occassional irate customer. You may need to give examples of when you have been in similar situations and how you handled it calmly and professionally. Emphasize your customer service skills – what you have done in the past to ensure that the customer has a great experience. You’ll do fine.

33. Trina says:

I am currently employed with Working Solutions and it is the best work from home job ever. I applied, in a week I got an interview and then 2 weeks after that I got hired. I started out as a seasonal call center hire but picked up another project when the season ended. They have the best workforce team environment ever and I am lookng to transfer out of my stuffy, highly political government contracted job real soon!!! So I am not sure where the negative comes from about working solutions but it has been the best thing for me. I advise anyone to apply and keep trying til you get a project that’s a good fit for you.

34. Linda says:

Janie, I would also like to know how the Working Solutions job is going; if at all. Do you recall how long it took to hear back after applying—weeks? months? Thank you!

• Amber says:

I applied over 6 months ago and got an email today saying that they didn’t feel that I was suited for the job even though I have over ten years experience working in call centers. I don’t know if I would want to work for them anyway. I was just surprised they sent me an email after 6 months to let me know I didn’t get the job. I stop applying for those types of jobs because in my opinion they are too good to be true.

• Cheri says:

It is quite possible that similar jobs are too good to be true, but Working Solutions is for real. It’s been 8 mos for me, and I’m thrilled with it. I’ve met people on my project who’ve been with the company for 2 and 3 years. I think it’s great that they sent you an email at all because most companies today just don’t bother communicating that you didn’t get the job.

35. Jay says:

Hey Janie! I want to know how the Working Solutions job goes. I am currently looking into working at home to supplement my income but it is very hard to tell what is a real opportunity and what is a scam. I know not to enroll in a program in which I am expected to pay, but you never know these days. I’m thinking of doing this ASAP. Thanks!!

36. Janie McManious says:

I’m so glad I came across these postings. I too must have applied a long time ago because today I received an email scheduling me for an interview which will be tomorrow. I wanted to do a search to see if this was legitimate so I am encouraged to read Brittni’s post. I hope to hear back as to how this is going for you. I currently am working for Enservio doing transcription of insurance claims with field agents. I really like the work but you are assigned what comes along and it’s not a regular 9-5 type of work. I look forward to hearing about your working solutions work.

37. Brittni says:

I am currently in training for my first project with working solutions. It is a great opportunity! The process did take awhile, but now things are moving very fast! Great company!

• lilly says:

Hello Brittni, this is lilly, I applied for working solution about 3 weeks ago, I would like to ask you about there service if there a good company or not.. an you please e-mail me back. Thank you for your time..

• Kandy says:

Hi Lilly, I applied to Working Solutions about a month ago and I got an invite to a project on 10/14/11. I accepted and instantly was invited to the the next prep classes starting the following Monday & Tuesday. Today is Tuesday and I can start taking calls tomorrow (Wed). My independent contract & W-9 is signed and in the mail and I’m ready to go. Word to the wise, it really depends on who the client is and what project you’ll be working on. Each client has specific criteria, it’s not the Working Solutions.

In short, my experience has been a good one and I have worked for other companies and so far this one tops them all.

38. Deborah says:

Thank you for mentioning this. You are truly a gift from above. How timely, considering that I have been having such difficulty finding writing work as of late and have been looking into other telecommute opportunities. Thank you so much. Good luck with the opportunity. Please wish me luck as I am applying as we speak. :)

Deborah, I wish you luck. As Mandy mentioned, if this one doesn’t work out, there are other companies that offer the same type of work.

Let us know how it works out for you.

39. Mandy says:

I did not work for Working Solutions. But I did try the customer rep thing with a company for which I can’t remember the name. I had a friend who worked for a similar company and I can’t remember its name either (no wonder my husband brags about his photographic memory around me).

Anyway, my friend and I worked for two different companies as a customer rep. She did great and made very good money. In fact, her inspiration turned me on to the whole work at home thing.

The company I worked for wasn’t so hot, although all their online reviews looked good. One day, I logged in to find that the site mistakenly reported that I took a test (I didn’t) and failed, thereby nullifying my employment.

No number of phone calls and email would convince them they screwed up. A good case scenario for why it’s a bad idea to quit your job when you land an online gig.

Both of these companies required that you study and take tests, without pay, to qualify for the incoming calls. The calls were mostly for infomercials.

I really didn’t like doing so much work without getting paid. Then again, I can happily scour grammar sites and take online spelling tests with joy. To each their own!

These customer service companies do have a good niche. Callers prefer to talk to native English speakers and the companies themselves save a whole lot of overhead to make it possible. After a couple of years, my friend was pulling in about $600 a week. Best of all, she was able to move and not worry about finding employment in her new city.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Mandy. I guess its all about finding the right company to work for. Your friend seems to have found the right one.

• Ann says:

Working Solutions does pay for training after you have complete 50 hours working on one of their projects.

Overall, I have heard wonderful things about this company. After going through their hiring process and interview, I have been very favorably impressed with their professionalism.

After being notified I was eligible for a project, I was contacted today with a project offer.

For anyone considering working from home, I would encourage you to apply.

• Tracy says:

Hi Ann! I am willing to bet you are on the same projects as I am on, and if you are, you will love it! I love it too! I don’t want to mention the company name out of respect for the privacy of Working Solutions, not sure if they want us to mention it. Look for me in company chat after your training is over, my name is Tracy!
        Good Luck!