Need a little writing motivation? Why not sign up for NJFM's Motivation for Writers Newsletter. You'll receive a dose of motivation delivered to your inbox every Monday.

Grandma’s Little Black Textbroker Book

Grandma, our resident Textbroker expert,  has been a very active member of the NJFM community. She has shared her knowledge, experience and insights when it comes to making money with Textbroker. All you have to do is review the Textbroker post (with over 500 comments) to see how she has helped fellow  writers.

Very recently Grandma earned over $2,000 in one month with Textbroker alone. With such credentials it only makes sense that she write a book sharing her secrets for success.

A Must for Textbroker Writers

I’ve got to be honest with you, I don’t write actively for Textbroker (I only wrote one article way back in 2008 and never wrote anything else). After reading her book I decided to explore Textbroker again.

If you’re serious about earning money with Textbroker, you should checkout Grandma’s
Little Black Book – How to Make Money Freelance Writing for Textbroker.”

Pat Myself on the Back

I cannot take any credit for the book, but I do take credit for giving Grandma the nudge to write it. After all, she’s provided so much information here on NJFM, it only made sense that she put it in book form and earn something for sharing her knowledge.

Congratulations Grandma! Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share

Filed Under: LegitimateOpportunitiesTextbroker

About the Author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

RSSComments (33)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. Grandma says:

Oops…I forgot to sign in as my pen name…you all know me best as “Grandma”, not Linda Everett. Maybe I have been overwhelmed lately while staying with my daughter and trying to help her manage her two children plus two mre young foster care girls. They belong to her best friend but were taken away by Oklahoma during a domestic violence episode. Surely there is an article in this one.

2. As promised, I am trying to send out a major revision of this eBook to previous recipients, but a couple are being returned as having incorrect email addresses. If you purchased the eBook in the past and do not receive this revision (R11) shortly, or if you have changed your email address since ordering, please get in touch via the email address connected to my website.

Thank you.

3. Joni says:

From all the talk on here about Textbroker, I joined last week and wrote my first article 2 days ago and it was accepted! I was given a #4 rating. The only thing that bothers me about it so far is that most of the articles have to be done in 24 hours and I am a super procrastinator…LOL. Maybe this will help me. I picked another article today and it pays more (9.40-11.20)and I have 2 DAYS this time.
    Thank you all for the info.
    Joni

Thanks for the update, Grandma – you’re the best! Talk about adding value to your product. A lot has changed over at TB and your new info is much appreciated.
    Crystal recently posted..When Decluttering Collides with Sentimentality

5. Grandma says:

Just a note to all who purchased the Grandma’s Little Black Book – Writing for Textbroker ebook. I have emailed everyone an updated version tonight. The additional information is on pages 19-21. Textbroker has brought in several new things and some changes, so a major update was needed.

I managed to get email copies of the revised ebook out to everyone except two persons, April and Erica. If you can forward your email to me through my website, I will send you the update. Thanks everyone!

6. Grandma says:

Last spring, I published about ten articles over at ArticlesBase.com. They basically give away your articles in exchange for a credit on the website that publlishes it. The idea is that many more people could see your article and credits and may find their way to your website through the credit lines. The problem I found is that my articles were not always published with the credit properly. So, I just canceled my account with them and removed all my articles. I will put them on my own website or sell them somewhere else. One was actually quite popular. It should be worth something.

Not getting credit really burns me. And one was on another “writer” website…like she is for real! Shame on her.

Disgusted.

7. Grandma says:

Hi Mike, the book is really useful for new writers especially, according to feedback I have received. It covers everything I learned about writing for TB since Aug 2008, just under 2900 articles, and I have been a level 5 writer there for almost as long. It is sort of my way of giving back to the writing community.

I am a lazy Libra, and love shortcuts…knowing things in advance should be helpful to a new writer and even the experienced TB writers say it is helpful. I am sure there are many little things that get overlooked because writers don’t poke around as much as I have. Do read the old thread comments, there is much to learn there from all the questions and answers.

8. So I remembered this page while browsing around sites, I was accepted to TextBroker as a Class 4 writer, and am excited to start writing there. However, I was hoping for more insight on what Grandma’s book covered. I’m interested in buying, but as you noted above, a lot of the comments have gone missing so I can’t really read the reviews. Is this for completely new writers or seasoned writers looking to switch to Textbrokers? Thanks for any information you can give me. I’m sure it will be well worth the money, I’d just like to know what it covers before buying. :)

Mike, actually the comments aren’t missing. You have to click on the “older comments” link and all 900 plus comments are there.

• lol, I realized my problem. I had assumed the comments were on this post, but they were actually on the original TextBroker post. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your response. I found them. :)

9. Felicia says:

It seems like the new theme chewed up all of the other comments. I’m going to have to search for them.

10. Grandma says:

Funny, when we first did this ebook, the thread had 500 posts, and now it is approaching 1000. That has to represent a lot of writers making a lot of money. In their latest email, TB mentioned how good their recent success is, and of course they attribute that to the writers.

11. Kathy says:

Thanks for such a wealth of information you have on this site. I just started freelance writing and was happy to find out about Grandma’s book. I bought it as I signed on with Textbroker. Great to have such good insights as I navigate this new world.
    .-= Kathy ´s last blog ..Shell Ad by Amnesty UK pulled by FT =-.

12. Pauline says:

Felicia, thanks for all the work you put into your blog. I’ve learned so much here.

I’m new to the world of freelance writing. I just recently started with textbroker. I bought Grandma’s book a couple of days ago and it’s already paid for itself. As Crystal said, it’s full of info.

Thanks Grandma!

Congrats on your stats Felicia! You’re an inspiration to all.

13. April says:

WAY TO GO GRANDMA! I’ll have to go check that book out soon!

I’ve now read Grandma’s book and learned quite a few things – it is just chock-full of valuable info! What I had failed to navigate in all my travels on the TB site is the Address Book in the Contacts area. Imagine my surprise when I found myself blacklisted by a client! The funny thing is that I received a comment of “nicely done” from TB staff for the article I wrote for the client who blacklisted me. Hmm. I guess that must mean the article was good but not at all what the client was looking for.
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..New Writing Gig with Demand Studios =-.

15. Congratulations Grandma!
    I think we’ve made it as a site when someone writes a book about us!
    Thanks and good luck with the book. I might have to order a copy myself. :)
    Christina Z

Hey Grandma – My BIL says he thinks PayPal may have a download feature now. If not, you might want to just set up an auto message through PayPal that goes to all who order telling them the ebook will be sent within 24 hours or whatever.
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..New Writing Gig with Demand Studios =-.

17. Grandma says:

Now, if someone orders while I am sleeping…as us old folks do sometimes, there may be a couple hours delay in me sending it out. Felicia suggested I look into automated send outs and I will do that.

This is my first experience with ebooks, although I did sell some similar items on eBay. One was on Internet Gambling and the other How to Make Money on EBay.

The links are both working now and I’ve ordered!
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..New Writing Gig with Demand Studios =-.

19. Mandy says:

Grandma sent me the e-book via email. Thanks!

20. Grandma says:

Yes Mandy, I just saw your order, thank you. When I get an order, I always email the person to verify that the email address they used for Paypal is also the one to send the ebook out to.

I will just go ahead now and send it to that email. Thank you!

21. Mandy says:

I’ve been reading the textbroker post comments for quite some time now. Already knowing how knowledgeable Grandma is, I took the plunge and bought the book. I expected an e-book, although, apparently, it’s print book that will be shipping to my house. I’m looking forward to receiving it.

Hey Felicia – just wanted to let you know that the links to Grandma’s book are not working. When clicking on the text link or the picture, I just get a PayPal page with a “Sorry — your last action could not be completed” message.
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..New Writing Gig with Demand Studios =-.

23. Mandy says:

thanks Felicia and Grandma. I’m looking forward to checking it out… but the link took me a PayPal error page.

Way to go, Grandma! You are truly the Textbroker guru. I’ve gotten a lot from the wisdom you so generously share. Thank you for writing the book and thanks to Felicia for encouraging you to do so!
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..New Writing Gig with Demand Studios =-.

25. Shannon says:

Congrats, Grandma and kudos to Felicia. Just one thing: I don’t think the link works. At least it didn’t for me.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Cheapo Challenge: Soda Drinks =-.

26. Deanna says:

Congrats to Grandma on her new book. I’m sure it will be helpful to many writers. I did a stint with Textbroker and really enjoyed writing for them. They always have interesting articles available to write. I stopped because I found some higher-paying sites, but I still believe that Textbroker is one of the better up-front sites out there. :)
    .-= Deanna´s last blog ..Associated Content’s Featured Contributor Program =-.