Secrets to Success on Constant ContentCeleste Stewart has sold over 2,500 articles on Constant-Content and she shares her secrets in her book Secrets to Success on Constant-Content. Its a must read for anyone serious about making money on Constant-Content.

Writing Code of Ethics

I’ve said a time or two here on NJFM that my goal is to help other writers by sharing my freelance writing experiences, thoughts and tips. When searching for new writing opportunities I keep in mind that not all writers come from America and therefore cannot participate in some of the opportunities presented here. For that reason, I try to seek out writing opportunities that accept international writers.

What I won’t Do

What I won’t do is use my name, my account or my writing reputation to bend or break the rules of the freelance writing opportunities made available to me as a US writer. If an opportunity clearly states that it does not accept international writers, please do not ask me to compromise my beliefs, reputation and integrity to violate the terms of use for any writing site.

Why am I Posting this?

I’ve been approached to assist an international writer earn money from a site that only accepts US writers. When I first received the post here on NJFM, I deleted it as spam and forgot about it.

A few days later I received an email reiterating the request providing additional details as to why I should participate in the scheme. To that email I respectfully and diplomatically declined and gave an explanation as to why I would not compromise my integrity by doing so. In that response, I suggested the NJFM database as there are several international writing opportunities there.

Imagine my surprise when I received yet another email outlining why I should participate in the scheme along with details on how to make the scheme work.

For the Record

I feel that I need to make my position known and abundantly clear. I am not going to participate in a scheme to knowingly violate the terms of use for any writing site and I resent being asked to do so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share

Filed Under: Earning MoneyLegitimateOpportunities

About the Author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

RSSComments (11)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. Shannon says:

Sorry for sounding tea-partyish here — I assure you, I’m not! But I’ve lived in two other countries (UK and France), where both governments are unapologetic about NOT giving Americans jobs. I had to respect that, because it’s the law. So, how come US laws aren’t respected?

What concerns me, actually, is really it’s just a matter of time before all the work we do is outsourced to English-speaking, computer-savvy, will-work-for-pennies India. Think about it. Much of it already is.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Organic Container Gardening Saves You Serious Cash =-.

2. prerna says:

Wow.. Really sorry that you were subjected to this kind of nonsense, Felicia.. Your integrity is what inspires me to come here and learn more about writing and it is your astute judgement that has helped me decide which site to write for, including Suite!
    .-= prerna´s last blog ..Seven Easy Ways to Get More Exercise Everyday =-.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I feel for the international writers but the rules and restrictions of the various sites must be respected. While I haven’t encountered this situation, I have been on the opposing side of a couple of conversations where a parent was considering allowing a teen to lie about their age to qualify. What were they thinking?
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..Make Money Reading Articles Online =-.

4. Shannon says:

I’m sorry that you were subjected to such annoyance, Felicia. You, especially — who provide so much to your readers in the freelance writing community — should be spared this kind of nonsense. Good job, for taking the bull by the horns!
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Freebie Friday: Bausch & Lomb Soflens Disposable Contact Lenses =-.

5. Yolanda says:

Felicia, I’m one of your new blog readers on a similar journey to yours. I appreciate the fact that you provided this post because you show your standards and how you will and won’t make money. I don’t know if you realize how much integrity it adds to every post on your site. Thank you. Now for more reading…
    .-= Yolanda´s last blog ..Blacks in Business: Dr. Farrah Gray =-.

6. Synthia says:

I was on Constant Content yesterday and saw a forum thread where some international people were encouraged to partner with another writer and split the proceeds. (This was after someone begged for a free editor to correct their work. Due to lots of grammar and spelling errors the work was always rejected.)

Aye. What bad advice.
    .-= Synthia´s last blog ..SynthiaRose: Great Marketplace for #writers to sell articles — Constant Content: http://www.constant-content.com/?aref=38872 =-.

7. Writergirl says:

WOW, the nerve!! Some people have no shame. You’re very patient to have replied them even once. Hopefully they won’t bother you anymore.
    .-= Writergirl´s last blog ..First Re-write and First Published Feature Article =-.

8. Elizabeth says:

Good for you Felicia,

Because so many people are quick to drop their ethics for a little extra money, others just assume that anyone will go along with an unethical scheme if they just keep asking. You’re right to avoid such nonsense and to stand up for what you believe. KUDOS!
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Use Bukisa to Increase Page Views on Other Writing Sites =-.

Thanks for the support guys. This stuff happens all the time, but for some reason this person just worked my last nerve.

Having to say no more than once is a privilege that I reserve for my kids. A grown up should understand what the word ‘no’ means.

9. Krista says:

Wow that is unbelievable. I think most of us on this site go to your website because of your writing skills, knowledge, success and integrity.
    .-= Krista´s last blog ..The Best Baby Bottle for Your Baby =-.

10. Grandma says:

Amen to that, Felicia. It may be another phishing scam also, you never know. It always amazes me how scammers think people are so stupid as to get caught uip in their scams. I don’t even open the emails.

Ethics and honesty go hand in hand. Too bad they no longer teach these things to children in school. Guess it “offends” some. And who knows what is taught in other places today!

This is what is so sad about our country now. Simple things like right and wrong cannot be taught in public schools, where most children attend. If parents do not teach it, or show it by example, the kids never get it. Makes me mad because most people cannot even afford to send their kids to a church school where they would be taught the difference. I guess parents are to blame also, because they are running this country and the schools. Does anyone go to school board meetings and speak up for traditional American values anymore?

If someone has a problem with a website’s terms of use, they should contact that website and ask for a change. There are good reasons why a website may not be international, like tax laws.

If someone continues to bug you about this, I would report them to their IP host as a phishing scammer. They want to use your identity to operate illegally.