Post to Demand Studio Writers

| January 16, 2010

I’ve received anonymous comments and emails regarding my last post on the Demand Studios affiliate links. In response to those emails (and anonymous comments) I feel I must apologize for the outcome of my post.

I’ve shared many “secrets” on my blog that have benefited the writing community. Each time I share a secret there is always the chance of it working out well for the writing community or, as in this unfortunate situation, not being so beneficial.

Although I own a small piece of the blogosphere, I had no clue that my blog post would carry that much weight to cause such a reaction within hours of having it posted.

When I started this blog, my intention was to share what I learned along the way as I earned money as a freelance writer. With over 300 posts that I believe have helped the writing community, and one of those posts which didn’t turn out so well, my intentions are still the same.

Again, I apologize for the outcome.

Tags:

Category: Demand Studios, Legitimate, Opportunities

1. Khalid says:

It’s good to know about Textbroker, so I’m glad you mentioned them. But I’m more interested in copyediting–do you know of anything for copyediting/proofreading? (I didn’t see any mention of it on Textbroker.)

Too few of the jobs posted at sites like online-writing-jobs.com are telecommute, which is why I was so excited about Demand Studios. Their stated average of $20-23 per hour for copyediting seems pretty good compared to competing with 50 people for a $50 job on Elance. I would be ecstatic if they accepted me or rejected me. Instead they’ve done absolutely nothing since I took the test.

(I love your site, by the way.)

Sorry, Khalid. I’m not too familiar with copyediting or proofreading gigs. If anyone knows of any, please share them with Khalid.

2. Felicia says:

Thanks everyone for your support! I truly appreciate it.

Khalid, did you try Textbroker? They don’t pay as much as Demand Studios does per article, but many folks are making quite a bit with them.

3. Khalid says:

You did nothing wrong, Felicia.

Not exactly related to this post, but sort of:
    Is there anything else like Demand Studios (something legitimate that hires and pays something)? I would copy edit for DS, but they’ve not written back in a month (I’m still “under review”). I don’t want to work with oDesk, for the obvious reason.

4. prerna says:

Well, am not a DS writer so I didn’t pay much attention to the previous post, but I do know for a FACT that you’re one of the most helpful people in the blogosphere not to forget talented and experienced as well. So, please Felicia, don’t apologize. Am sure your intentions were the very best for your readers and that is what that matters!
    Blessings always.
    .-= prerna´s last blog ..A Great Book Giveaway at Simple Mom! =-.

5. Allison says:

Please don’t apologize. You are a wonderful help to all of us, and we are grateful for those little tidbits of info here and there. You have nothing to be sorry for. :)So what if DS changed the rules because of it. If anything, you should be proud that you are so influential in such a large community! 🙂

6. Kelly Sons says:

I think what you do is wonderful. No worries.

7. Mokibobolink says:

I agree with the posters above. Your intentions were to help people and I think that’s great. It’s not your fault that DS then changed their policy. Please keep it up and don’t get discouraged. Perhaps it backfired this time but you’ve still given me useful advice countless times. :o)

-Moki

8. Kristi says:

Nothing to apologize Felicia. It is not your fault and I truly appreciate you for sharing your knowledge. You rock girl and that is all I’m going to say about that! Hold your head up and keep doing your thang! I, for one, really appreciate you and ALL of your posts.

I totally agree with Eve. Felicia, you are a godsend to the rest of us. I hope no one was unkind in their comments and emails – if so, they were way out of line. Thanks for sharing and everything else that you do!
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..Do Your Family a Favor – Declutter Before It’s Too Late! =-.

10. Eve says:

Oh, my gosh, Felicia – no need to apologize! You’re so humble that you had no idea the weight you carry over at DS. You tried to HELP us, you don’t need to apologize for that!

Every time I read your blog, I am reminded of what a good and generous soul you are. You have inadvertently taken many a freelance writer under your wing.

It seems like only a few people knew about the affiliate link thing. You were awesome to let us in on that secret. Few of us knew about it, and therefore, few of us had anything to lose when DS cracked down on it.

NO WORRIES!