Secrets to Success on Constant ContentCeleste Stewart has sold over 2,500 articles on Constant-Content and she shares her secrets in her book Secrets to Success on Constant-Content. Its a must read for anyone serious about making money on Constant-Content.

Good Bye 2009 and Hello 2010

The older I get the quicker these years seem to fly by.

This year was another good year and a great learning experience. One of the things I learned this year is not to count my chickens before they hatch. November was a particularly insightful month.

Earnings Change

I’ve been watching my earning grow steadily throughout the year. No great leaps and bounds, but steady solid growth. The growth was so steady that I elected to forgo all types of up front pay opportunities.

All was going swimmingly until November. There were a combination of reasons I could think of and a bunch of reasons I couldn’t figure out as to why my steady growth took a nosedive. So, I decided to entertain up front pay again during the dry spell.

Here’s What I Learned

My most valuable lesson occurred in December when I “thought it” so I “did it.” When my November residual earnings declined by $231.13, I thought to my self, “Wouldn’t it be nice to earn $100 a day in December?” After all, what better way to get over the loss of November’s income than to do better in December?

Putting My Thought to the Test

So, in December, I added two columns to my income tracking spreadsheet. In one column I listed how much money I would make on any given day of the month if I earned an average of $100 a day. In the second column I inserted a formula calculating the difference between what I actually earned on a given day and what I wanted to earn. It’s amazing how a negative number can be such a motivation to do better.

With declining residual income (although December was better than November), I started writing for Demand Studios again. The going was rough initially with DS (as I expected), but once I got into the groove, it was smooth sailing.

Victory!

I’m happy to say that I surpassed my goal of averaging $100 a day. With 31 days in the month and averaging $100 a day I earned over $3,100. Not too shabby. Approximately 50% came from residual earnings and 50% from writing for Demand Studios.

Lessons Learned:

1. Writing down specific goals helps in achieving them.
  2. If you want it, I mean really want it, you can achieve it.

Future Goals

I want to continue to earn at least an average of $100 a day, but the goal is to change the percentages from 50/50 to 100% residual. I’ve got some work to do, but December has taught me that if you take it one day at a time, or even one article at a time, it can be done.

Most Important Message

I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year and thank you for being a part of the No Job for Mom community. You guys are great!

We have a lot of money to make next year. 2010 is going to be a very lucrative year for us all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share

Filed Under: HolidayMotivation

About the Author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

RSSComments (17)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. Lisa says:

I have additional columns to the right also. One breaks down my cumulative daily average and the next projects what my monthly income would be if the daily average stays the same. I find that this really keeps me on tract in the beginning of the month. My Suite income dropped by almost 50% between November & December- a daily average loss of almost $25 PER DAY. Making it up at Demand Studios was really just a matter of 2 extra articles one day and one extra article the next. And to be honest, I didn’t even do it, I just decided to live with less income that month. We were too busy baking and knitting scarves and playing in the snow anyway. This month, I haven’t even had to write at DS for a few days, earnings are BACK UP- WooHOo

Lisa, things sound like they’re going very well for you.

I’m also glad to see that the earnings are back up. November and December were a bit rough.

2. Grandma says:

Counting chickens before they hatch is one thing to watch out for, and so is putting all one’s eggs into a single basket.

The holidays are always slow and it is good to know that and prepare for the income gap.

Finding reliable sources of online income is touchy because things can change so quickly. There are always the questions of will I be paid and will this continue?

Goal setting is a tried and tested method for achieving success. Thanks for reminding me and everyone. I tend to set goals and then not pay attention to them until there is a problem. Wish I had a dollar for every goal I ever set in my life!

Have a great new year and thanks for this blog effort. As my mother used to say, thanks until you are better paid!

3. Deborah says:

I love your practical and down-to-earth approach to freelance writing. I struggled very much last month and am still recuperating. This month I am setting that same goal. I too need to earn about $100.

I also learned in 2009 that I am someone who really, really needs some type of security. When I got taken advantage of by a few private clients, I decided to focus my efforts more towards companies. I am in my trial with Love to Know and so far so good. If I get in, it’s at least an extra $400 per month. Wish me luck.

Happy New Year and Happy Writing! Keep up the excellent work! :)

4. Mandy Harris says:

Thanks for a great blog post. You’re an inspiring role model for our goals. Keep up the great work in 2010!

5. I also keep track of my daily earnings. Congrats! on earning over $100 a day. That’s so great.

I’m curious if anyone here has heard of other places that have jobs similar to Demand Studios Title QA and Keyword QA. I don’t like writing full-time and I’m doing Keyword QA right now, but when there’s no titles, I need somewhere else to go. They don’t have to be the same exact job, just jobs that are legit real-work that don’t require writing. Editing’s OK.

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

6. Felicia says:

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Sue, I especially like that license plate tag. I guess that driver discovered the power of thoughts and putting thoughts to work.

Bruce, welcome to NJFM. Spend a little time browsing through this blog. The purpose of this blog is to answer questions such as the ones you have asked.

You’ll find valuable comments, links and important information contributed by the many readers here.

My recommendation to you is to grab a cup of coffee, tea or glass of wine (depending on the time of day), and read through several of the posts. I believe you’ll find answers to many of your questions.

7. Bruce Falk says:

Felicia, you are doing what I want to do. I was an attorney recently retired due to disability and I’d like to have the freedom to earn from home. How did you get started—-specifically, how did you get your first article published? Any particular sites which you might suggest for submissions? I’ve looked at some of your submissions on the sites mentioned above and I’m impressed! Great work! Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated. Is a website critical? What about Google’s Adsense or Adwords? Thanks in advance.

8. Sue says:

After reading this post yesterday morning, I went out to do an errand.
    While stopped at a traffic light on my way home, I was thinking about what you’d written, and
    I happened to glance down at the license plate of the car in front of me. In big, bright red letters was one word: YOUCAN

Congratulations Felicia, and thanks for the great – and timely – post.

9. Samantha says:

Happy New Year!

Thank you Felicia for sharing as much as you do.

Your work on this site has really helped me to start to structure the direction I want to take in freelancing. The information on the numbers is particularly helpful in giving a realistic idea of what the potential is for making a living by only working online.

I wish you continued success in 2010 and thank you again for all of the work that you do to help the rest of us be successful.
    .-= Samantha´s last blog ..2 Months on the Couch, Bad Idea =-.

10. Rachel says:

Thanks for all that you have written on this blog over the past year. It has helped me in so many ways by being a terrific resource for online writing. I hope you meet your goal in 2010!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..December Earnings Update =-.

11. Kidgas says:

Congrats on meeting your goal, Felicia! I must say that it is an incredible figure ($100 per day). I have always been an advocate for writing down your goals for motivation purposes.

Here’s to working on the percent split. My best wishes to you this year!
    .-= Kidgas´s last blog ..So What is Blog Engage? =-.

12. Ignatius says:

Thank you for creating the spreadsheet template and making it available. I think I may try the daily tracking as well. And, good wishes to you, your family and your readers for 2010.

13. Jan S. says:

And a Happy New Year to you, too! :) Congratulations on meeting (and exceeding!) your goals for December!

Your blog has been inspirational to me. This week, I signed up with eHow and Associated Content. I’m excited about the idea of earning residual income from my writing.

May 2010 be a great year for all of us!
    .-= Jan S.´s last blog ..Happy Holidays! =-.

14. DeAnna says:

Good for you! I have to say – you have much more energy than I do. I hope you reach all of your goals in 2010.
    .-= DeAnna´s last blog ..Writing Sites – My Year in Review =-.

Thanks for sharing, Felicia. As usual, you are an inspiration! I love your method of tracking specifically by the day how you’re doing on your earnings goals. That kind of thing is right up my alley! I’ve been searching for a way to keep myself focused and motivated and I think you’ve provided it for me. Have a healthy and prosperous 2010!
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..How to Prepare for a Secure Retirement . . . =-.