If you really want to learn the ins and outs of WordPress, this book is a must read. Lisa Irby, owner of 2CreateAWebsite, has been developing and profiting from building websites for many years. This Ultimate WP Starter Guide provides everything you need to know to build a website using WordPress.

Tap, Tap, Tap…Is This Thing On?

Helloooo.

Man, I think the internet is broken. I’ve been looking over my earnings and they seem to be down this month. The funny thing is that it’s not just one website, it’s across the board.

I can’t remember the last time my Suite daily earnings were in the single digit dollar range. Yesterday’s earnings were $9.16.

When I compare this month’s residual earnings to this date last month, I’m down about $250 or so. I realize the holidays are here and some of the evergreen content is taking a hit, but I don’t quite remember it taking so much of a hit last year.

Wait a minute, why am I complaining? As I check my numbers, I am only $15 away from officially doubling my last year’s residual income of $7,140.01. Okay, I’m really $15.05 away from doubling it, but why split hairs?

Demand Studios to the Rescue?

I never thought that I would look forward to writing for Demand Studios, but their up front pay is helping me to make up the $250 difference this month. I don’t know if the residual earnings will pick up over the next few days, but if it doesn’t, it’s all good.

Hope you guys are faring better than I am.

Oh, if things get a little too busy around the house because of Thanksgiving, cooking and all, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I’m excited because I get to cook using the new oven that I bought with my Suite/eHow earnings (and some say writing on line isn’t worth the time…they couldn’t be more wrong).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share

Filed Under: Demand StudiosEarning MoneyLegitimateOpportunitiesResidual Income

About the Author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she's not writing or commenting on NJFM, she's either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

RSSComments (7)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. prerna says:

Glad to know the oven’s there and being used:-) Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.. As far as earnings are concerned, mine are down in the dumps too.. However, am experimenting with Factoidz and it seems to be quite good till now. Will keep you posted.
    Blessings.
    .-= prerna´s last blog ..Being a Writer: Earn Residual Income by Writing for Factoidz =-.

2. Beelissa says:

I’m pretty new to Suite 101. I finished my first 10 articles at the end of October. I just recently finally went over $10. I was starting to think that it wasn’t worth trying to write more there, but if others are down, that’s probably why mine is so low.

Here’s hoping it will pick up again soon.
    .-= Beelissa´s last blog ..What I Write About =-.

Congrats on your residual income success! Looking at it as compared to last year at this time rather than by the month keeps things in perspective. I’m thrilled with my tiny (but growing!) eHow earnings that are pushing $10 this month. Of course, I’ve only been at it a few months and only have 20 articles posted. But I sure see the possibilities, thanks to you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I too will be cooking but not in a new oven:(
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..Mola Tribute Quilt is DONE! =-.

4. Deborah says:

It’s been really slow for me as well. It’s just the time of the year. November and December are tough months in the freelancing world.

I won’t see things pick up until January. That’s okay though, because I prepared myself for it this year by saving over the past year and a half. Let’s hope I won’t have to dig into that.
    .-= Deborah´s last blog ..Important Update! =-.

5. DeAnna says:

Sorry to hear that your earnings (and Kidgas’) are down for the month. Not to brag but mine are soaring! My eHow earnings are up 42% this month even though I haven’t added many new articles. All of my other sources (Suite101, Associated Content, Tiond, Constant-Content) are doing quite well too. I can’t count Examiner yet since this is my first month. Must be the difference in the content topics we write on.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    .-= DeAnna´s last blog ..Triond has New Features to Earn Money =-.

6. Kidgas says:

Without a doubt, the internet in Indiana is broken also. My earnings will likely be down this month as well barring some miracle. If not for the addition of some Life123 pseudo-upfront money there, I would be in really bad shape.

At least for me, though, I do not depend on the internet for my everyday income but am simply hoping to build up a residual income stream. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Enjoy the time with family and friends (and the new oven).
    .-= Kidgas´s last blog ..Life123 Update and Earnings =-.