≡ Menu

QualityGal Updates Payment Structure

Earlier on, I had written a post on the writing site QualityGal.  It has received a thumbs up from several of my readers.

Recently I received an email from Ashley from QualityGal. She wanted to let me know that QualityGal has revised their payment structure, and that effective November 1, their pay scale will be based on the number of links an article has as follows  (taken from Ashley’s email):

up to 29 links: $12
30-39 links: $15
40-49 links: $18
50-59 links: $21
60+ links: $25

Currently, there are no positions available for anything other than writers. When other positions become available, they will be announced via the QualityGal blog and/or Twitter.

If someone is interested in applying, they need to submit copies of the following paperwork:
-A signed copy of the Content Release form
-A signed copy of the Style Guide
-A signed copy of SEO Writing for Dummies
-A signed copy of the Non-Compete form
-A FULLY FILLED OUT (SIGNATURE INCLUDED!) W9 form (even if they are not a US citizen!)Freelance Writing

They also need to register on our Writer Panel. mAll this paperwork can be found on the right-hand sidebar of qualitygal.com, and can be sent via fax, email, or snail mail.

I’m not very familiar with how QualityGal works so I asked Ashley if she could further explain the payment structure. I was confused because I’m used to earning money based on word count and not link count.

Ashley was patient and sent me the following info:

“…Unless otherwise stated, our articles are all roughly 500 words. We call all our assignments “articles”, but some might not fit the classic article mold you are probably thinking of – some of our assignments take the form of links lists, glossaries, and other similar formats.

The big variable from article to article are the number of links requested – we like our articles to be resourceful, and ask our writers to include links to outside (mostly) authoritative sources (such as .edu/.gov pages). An article might require 40 links, but only end up being 200 words. Finding authoritative links can be a challenge, thus our structure for payment based on number of links rather than per word…”

That made more sense to me and probably is a welcome change for those currently writing for QualityGal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About the author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she’s not writing or commenting on NJFM, she’s either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Katie June 13, 2012, 1:11 pm

Don’t waste your time with QualityGal if you are looking for a long-term job. They have recently been weeding out writers left and right. Articles that are written for Quality Gal are critiqued on a scale of A-F, and writers must keep a C average to write for the company. For the first six month, I had a 3.5 average. In the last week, I had 12 of my last 30 articles graded as an F–and was fired. I blieve that they are trying to slowly eliminate the number of writers hired by the organization, as work has substantially decreased lately.

• QualityGal December 14, 2009, 8:10 am

Thank you Felicia, we are receiving some wonderful feedback and some amazing writers! Thank you Prerna, you are a wonderful addition to the team–Welcome Aboard!

• prerna December 13, 2009, 11:20 pm

Just an update- I applied to QG, was accpeted and did 4 articles for them last week.. I LOVE them.. really.. Professional yet immensely helpful and the articles are easy to write and the links easy to find once you get into the groove.. Since there are hardly any ypfront paying sites for non U.S. writers, this one is a big blessing.. Thank you, thank you, thank you for pointing this out!! **virtual hugs**
    As always, many blessings
    .-= prerna´s last blog ..Being a Writer: How to Find Ideas for Articles =-.

• Felicia December 14, 2009, 6:37 am

Prerna, I’m happy to hear that Quality Gal is working out so well for you.

• jen December 5, 2009, 2:14 pm

Felicia- you are incredible! How do you find the time to do all of this? Especially taking the much appreciated time to help people! Thank you!!! Santa will be good to you! lol Merry Christmas!! PS, my blog is really called Aspiringfreelancewriterblogspot.com, but who cares? lol I need a new name anyway!! :)
    .-= jen´s last blog ..Puppy Mill Tipline Fights Cruelty =-.

• Trent November 17, 2009, 9:52 pm

Felicia —

I just found a note of clarification on QG regarding the non-compete agreement, stating that outside writing is fine, as long as it isn’t for QG clients which have been disclosed to the writer.

Thanks again for providing this informative site.

Trent

• Trent November 17, 2009, 8:51 pm

Dear Felicia — I have found your site an amazing resource in my quest to turn to full-time freelancing.

I’m wondering if you can help me understand this. I was nearly finished with my multi-form application for Qualitygal when I encountered this:

I have never heard of anyone barring a freelancer from writing for other companies!
    No writing or blogging for any site QG considers any kind of competitor — there’s a concept. By its nature freelancing involves providing services to multiple clients. Is there something I am not understanding here, or do I just trust my gut that this requirement is so far beyond unreasonable that there is no point in applying to what otherwise seems a good quality site run by a reasonable person?

Are other content sites doing this? I would really appreciate some thoughts on this.

Thanks!

• Deborah November 2, 2009, 5:14 pm

Thank you for mentioning this, Felicia. I submitted my test article for Quality Gal and am waiting to see the results. Ashley is really helpful and friendly. It seems that she has quite a bit of work to choose from as well. I’m impressed :)
    .-= Deborah´s last blog ..A New Design is on the Way =-.

• prerna October 30, 2009, 6:34 am

Hmm.. This looks interesting and since they require a signed W-9 form (even from non U.S citizens) I guess “we” are welcome to apply.. Thanks for the update, Felicia!
    .-= prerna´s last blog ..Being a Writer : Awards and Appreciation.. And an Interview! =-.

• Pashon October 29, 2009, 10:47 pm

Felicia, as always you keep us informed. Thank you. I’m trying to sign-up on the site, http://writing.qualitygal.com/index.php?action=account&op=signup, but I keep getting an error message asking me to ‘make sure that this is my full legal name’. So, this is a tad frustrating. I will keep trying. If there is something else I need to do, can you please let me know. Thanks again. Your site is the best.

• QualityGal October 29, 2009, 3:00 pm

Marilynne, we make money because of our stellar writing staff. ;)
    If you have questions about our processes, please feel free to email me at qualitygal@webuildpages.com.
    Heidi – We love having you as a member of our above-mentioned stellar writing staff. :)
    .-= QualityGal´s last blog ..UPDATE: Wanna know when new assignments come in? =-.

• Felicia October 29, 2009, 3:15 pm

I LOVE it when we get answers directly from the source! :D

Thank you QualityGal.

• Marilynne October 29, 2009, 1:56 pm

Thanks for the information. I’m still trying to figure out how this works. It seems like you can write not much and still get paid if you put in lots of links to information.

How does Quality Gal get her profits?

Marilynne
    .-= Marilynne´s last blog ..Red Rock Country – Sedona =-.

• Felicia October 29, 2009, 2:30 pm

Marilynne, I think that’s a question for Quality Gal. That’s info I’m not privy to.

• Heidi October 29, 2009, 1:43 pm

I’ve done several assignments for Quality Gal and they are great to work with — reliable payment and excellent support.

I’m picky, so sometimes it takes me too long to find the links, but if you’re quick with that and/or are very familiar with the topic, then you’re golden.

They also have a very different mix of subjects than most writing sites, which is a welcome change of pace for writers.

• Deborah October 28, 2009, 7:35 pm

I’ve just signed up for them but there’s no claimable projects :(
    .-= Deborah´s last blog ..Behind the Blog =-.

• Deanna October 28, 2009, 12:33 pm

I’ve never heard of QualityGal before. Thanks for the update. :)
    .-= Deanna´s last blog ..eHow Update: My Top 6 Articles =-.

• QualityGal October 28, 2009, 11:16 am

Thank you so much for the followup Felicia!
    .-= QualityGal´s last blog ..We want your suggestions!! =-.