≡ Menu

The Only Way to NOT Make Money Online is to Quit

If you are a freelance writer, an online entrepreneur, an affiliate marketer or anyone who makes money on the internet, the only way you won’t make money is if you quit.

I cannot tell you how quickly you’ll earn the next level of income. That has a lot to do with how quickly you learn the ropes, how much time and effort you put in and how quickly you learn to recognize which opportunities have money making potential and which are time wasters.

Earning Online Money Takes Common Sense and Tenacity

Today, on this first day of July, 2009, I look at my income tracking spreadsheet to see that in ½ of a year I have earned 101% of my last year’s residual income. Let me rephrase that. It took me ½ of a year to earn what it previously took me a whole year to earn. I’m on track to double my last year’s residual income.

Was it difficult to do? No, not really. It just took tenacity. Because I have a family I’m unable to sit at the computer and write untold numbers of articles a day. My current online writing goal is to place an average of two articles or blog posts on the internet each day. That means that at the Keep Writingend of any given month I should have 60 more pieces of work on the internet than I had the month before.

Reality Tends to Rewrite the Manual

Many times I fall short of that goal. The month of June was particularly brutal on my schedule. I only managed to place 28 new articles/posts (well below my usual). However, life happens and modifications must be made.

The one thing that is consistent is that I did manage to continue to place new content on the internet as life permitted. I kept moving in the right direction. I didn’t quit. If I had quit, then all I could do is sit around and complain. Complain about the economy, about the job market, the rising price of gas, food, child care, etc. Instead, I choose to keep moving in the right direction. Sometimes it’s an inch at a time and other time it’s by leaps and bounds. No matter what the increment…I vowed to continue to move forward.

Stick With ItStick With It!

There will be times when you check your stats and your page views and you will question whether or not the pages are stuck. You’ll think about the amount of time and effort and research you put into creating your online content only to see that no one is reading it.

Don’t give up. Believe me, there were many times when I looked at my stats and daily income and wondered why I even bothered. Then I remembered that I had earned my first, second and one hundredth dollar. The only way to keep making more was to stick with it and not give up. After all, the 9-5 job alternative didn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. So…when the going gets tough, the tough move forward…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About the author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she’s not writing or commenting on NJFM, she’s either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Angela June 30, 2010, 8:16 pm

This post is truly inspiring. Good old horse sense tinged with reality and hope. Your success just under a year later documented in your latest post, http://www.nojobformom.com/2010/06/30/drum-roll-please%E2%80%A6/ , makes it especially poetic.
    Angela recently posted..Angry with God

• Angelica September 6, 2009, 9:51 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, and I must say this is my favorite post. Thanks for inspiring me to actually sign up to these websites.

• Kristine Brite August 9, 2009, 8:56 pm

“Once you earn 1 cent on the internet, you know you have what it takes to earn $1. After you earn $1 you know you have what it takes to earn $10, $100, $1,000 and so on. The only thing that will stop you is if you quit.”

I’m in love with this quote. Mind if I use it my site with attribution and a backlink of course?
    .-= Kristine Brite´s last blog ..My newest blogging project. Introducing "Instructions Not Included." =-.

• Felicia August 9, 2009, 9:04 pm

Feel free to use it. Hope it inspires others to stick with it.

• Eve Lopez July 1, 2009, 7:39 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I needed them today, because my Suite101 is going slowly. However, I’m sticking with it, because if it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be making any residual income at all. :)
    .-= Eve Lopez´s last blog ..Never Let Your Writing Go to Waste =-.

• Felicia July 1, 2009, 7:49 pm

Glad you’re sticking with it Eve. When you first start out with Suite 101 the earnings come slowly. It takes a while but the earnings will steadily grow. Don’t get discouraged.

I remember when my Suite earnings could barely pay for an occasional ice cream splurge for me and my daughter. Now it pays my car note, car insurance, cable bill and trash bill each month. The great thing about it is that the income continues to grow as I continue to write articles. It didn’t happen over night, but it did happen. Hang in there. You won’t be sorry!

• busybeeson July 1, 2009, 7:04 pm

You are so right! Slow and steady always wins the race. And may I say that I love your blog. I didn’t even know there were so many legitimate ways to make residual money with writing. After reading your blog, I have signed up on ehow, bukisa, textbroker, associated content and I just applied to demand studios today. I am a laid-off teacher and it makes me feel empowered to think that I can do something other than just spin my wheels looking for another job. Thank you so much for all the helpful info you put out there!

• Felicia July 1, 2009, 7:40 pm

Way to go busybeeson! I’m glad to see that you are taking advantage of the legitimate sites out there.

Too many of us sit back and accept what the economy has to dish out. It’s time that we take the bull by the horns and start to shape our own future regardless of what the economy dictates. I’m glad my information helps you. Stick with it. :D