≡ Menu

Quality Gal Another Paying Writing Site

I came across another paying site for writers called QualityGal. From what I can see from other blog posts, QualityGal is undergoing a few changes, but it seems that some of the current writers are willing to stick with them through the growing pains.

What Do They Pay?

Before I get too excited about any paying site for freelance writers I have to know how much they pay and how often. Taken straight from the QualityGal site, as of 1/1/09, below is their current pay rate:

• Editing (per article) – $2
  • General articles (about 300 words) – $8
  • Researched and referenced articles (about 500 words) – $12
  • Blog posts – $20
  • Newsletter articles – $25
  • Linkbait articles – $50
  • Press Releases – $50

UPDATE effective 11/1/09: Check out their Revised Payment Schedule

How Often Does Quality Gal pay?

Weekly PayAccording to their website, payments are processed weekly. The writer, however, must submit an invoice by Thursday 3:00 in order for payment to be processed by Friday. Weekly payment is a nice feature.

How Does One Apply?

After finding out what they pay and how much they pay, I figured it was time to find out how to apply.

In order to apply for QualityGal as a writer, you must complete

• The Writer’s Application
  • Submit a Content Release Form.  QualityGal retains all the copyrights to your written work – in essence your work is ghost written and cannot be placed online. You can, however, include it in your off line portfolio.
  • Complete and submit a W-9 Form
  • Confirm that you have read their Style Guide and SEO Writing for Beginners documents
  • Register on their Writer Panel

They also require a test assignment before you are approved.

Quality Gal appears to be serious about the quality of its content which I find admirable. They take their deadlines as seriously as they do proper spelling and grammar.

Maybe a little down the line when my plate is less full, I’ll give them a try. In the meanwhile, I’d love to hear from anyone who is currently writing for them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About the author: Felicia A. Williams is a freelance writer and blogger. She spends the majority of her time with her family and writing. If she’s not writing or commenting on NJFM, she’s either outside smelling the roses or writing articles for one of her other sites which include Tidbits and Stuff, BLULOW, A Dose of Health and a few other sites/blogs scattered around the internet.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• WriterGal April 17, 2013, 11:26 pm

i! I’ve been writing online for more than three years now. Have a lot of experience under my belt and work for many different content companies online. A couple of days ago I decided to give QualityGal.com a try. Why not? I took many hours to complete the written test, complete the application and scan my credentials. The next day I received a rejection e-mail indicating that the information that I provided was not factually correct. Hmmmm…..How could the Britannica Encyclopedia among other credible sources be factually incorrect? I did not get paid the $$$ they promised to pay upon submitting the article and I got a big FAT NO! My advice to anyone who is looking for reputable sites to write for…stay away from QualtiyGal.com big waste of time. I write for about 10 different content companies and have no trouble getting accepted, so when I got this rejection…I knew that I was better off not working for QualityGal.com. Don’t waste your time…find some place other to write. p.s. until recently I had never heard of this company before. they claim to be in business for several years, but swear that they have never come up in any of my search engine results…maybe with good reason? Be careful and remember don’t waste your time. Trust.

• Felicia April 24, 2013, 9:58 am

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. I’ve heard mostly good things about Quality Gal.

• Victoria Forner July 8, 2011, 7:01 pm

I am a new writer for Quality Gal and I cannot praise them enough! As previously stated by other writers, they are extremely courteous and kind to their writers. Questions are answered fully and quickly. They really do want you to succeed with them and are willing to help you in any way they can. I also have done work for other online content sites, and I have found that some really do not want to bother with their writers. Quality Gal offers competitive pay and always pays on time. They are truly a pleasure to work for:)

• QualityGal July 21, 2011, 9:48 am

Thank you for your kind comments Victoria, we are delighted to have you as part of the team.

• QualityGal March 3, 2011, 10:21 am

Hi Emilie,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we’re so glad that enjoy writing for QualityGal and will continue to do our best to meet the needs of our writers and strive to make QG a great place to work!

The QualityGal Staff

• emilie March 2, 2011, 10:54 am

I’m a current (somewhat new) writer for QualityGal and I have to say that I’m quite impressed with their professionalism and the speed at which they edit articles and reply to any queries. I love the fact that they pay promptly every week as well.

I write for another site (which shall go unnamed for now) and while they have my latest article boldly displayed on their front page, I have yet to be paid. Their editor has been ignoring my emails for almost two months now! So frustrating. Anyway, my point is that I’m very glad that QualityGal is so on the ball and don’t mess around with their writers.

• kat March 5, 2010, 4:05 pm
    • Felicia March 5, 2010, 4:18 pm

Wow, that’s a lot of information to digest. Thanks for the heads up.

• lexy808 February 16, 2010, 10:24 pm

I was accepted as a writer for QualityGal today. QualityGal seems like a great place to write. Although, I loged in, and there were no claimable writing projects available.

I hope they get some work soon.

• lexy808 February 9, 2010, 5:26 pm

Faxed my writers application today. I hope to hear back from QualityGal soon.

• QualityGal December 4, 2009, 9:51 am

Good Morning Rita:

Yes, please hurry along your application, we could certainly use you. We have over 70 articles right now waiting to be claimed and more on the way. The beginnings of the month are always really busy for us.

Thank you for your interest in QualityGal.

• Rita Ogburn-McCall December 3, 2009, 9:51 am

Hello Felicia,
    I needed to tell you how much I enjoy your writing style. You are an easy read. Also, your BLULOW website is now one of my morning coffee sites. Quality Gal inquiries brought me to your work, and I am happy for that. The information you provided on Quality Gal also spurs me on to hurry the application process. Thank you much and I am looking forward to reading more of your work.
    Rita O.
    .-= Rita Ogburn-McCall´s last blog ..Freedom =-.

• QualityGal October 16, 2009, 3:29 pm

Hi everyone! I want to thank Felicia for her writeup, as well as our fabulous writers for saying such nice things!
    Kim H. – To answer your question, some of our projects require us to reveal to the writer who they are writing for. We have our Non-Compete in place to stipulate that you cannot write for any of our clients after they have been revealed to you. We certainly do not expect you to have a crystal ball and predict our client list! It is also highly unlikely that you would stumble across any of our clients outside of working with us – trust me ;).
    If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at qualitygal@webuildpages.com. Thanks!
    .-= QualityGal´s last blog ..QG Update: “Urgent” articles =-.

• Kim H October 10, 2009, 8:14 pm

Maybe I’m making too much of this clause, but how would I know who their current of former clients are? How would I know what their “roster” constitutes?

I looked into professional liability insurance and it is ridiculously prohibitive.

• Lisa B. October 10, 2009, 5:34 pm

The non-compete clause just means that you can’t do work for any of their current or former clients. It’s just a way of protecting themselves. Quality Gal doesn’t care if you write for other websites or clients that aren’t a part of their roster.

I enjoy working for them.

Lisa B.
    .-= Lisa B.´s last blog ..Biopsy Complications =-.

• Kim H October 10, 2009, 2:53 pm

I just checked out their site, and I’m worried about the “non-compete” clause. It looks like they don’t want you to write for any other content sites. Anyone have any opinions?

• Lisa B. August 27, 2009, 2:21 pm

I have done some work for Quality Gal and I like them. They pay every week, which is good if you get work from them. They don’t always have alot of work available and alot of it requires research. Overall its a good place to do work for AND they pay you for your sample article, which is really cool. You should definitely try it!

Lisa B.
    .-= Lisa B.´s last blog ..Ultrasounds and Other Fun Things =-.

• Shamrockcon August 27, 2009, 12:32 am

I have read mixed reviews of QG. Apparently it was great to write for at the beginning of this year but many people got frustrated with it a few months ago. I wonder if they have solved their problems? I am interested in applying but don’t want to get involved in something that isn’t going to work out.

• Cassie Tuttle August 16, 2009, 5:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Felicia.

I did see that e-mail address and fax number but assumed it was only for purposes of submitting the application.

Anyway, I’ve sent them an e-mail, and we’ll see what happens. Thanks again.
    .-= Cassie Tuttle´s last blog .."We shall intimidate you …." =-.

• Cassie Tuttle August 16, 2009, 4:24 pm

Quality Gal looks like a good place. Thanks for sharing, Felicia.

I would be interested in getting involved as a copyeditor. Although I see the Writer’s Application, I don’t see a similar application for editors.

Also, I don’t see a “contact us” option, so I can’t ask them about editing opportunities. :-(

Any thoughts?
    .-= Cassie Tuttle´s last blog .."We shall intimidate you …." =-.

• Felicia August 16, 2009, 4:32 pm

Cassie, check out the writer’s application link. There’s an email address (qualitygal@webuildpages.com) and a fax number.

Hopefully they can use your editorial talents. Good luck!

• Heidi August 7, 2009, 4:40 pm

I was accepted as a writer for Quality Gal today. Very positive and encouraging environment. You get paid for your test article assuming it makes the grade and invoicing is also a one-click process. I’m really looking forward to working more with them.
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..heidilowry: @barbarahui Good luck, Barbara! You’re intelligent and articulate. =-.

• Felicia August 7, 2009, 4:46 pm

Congrats Heidi. Please give us an update once you get your feet wet over there.

• Wendy Kelly July 27, 2009, 7:33 pm

This sounds really great! I’m going to give it a try…thanks again for this awesome site!!

Wendy

And thanks to Lisa B., too…I am learning so much so fast that I may, actually, really get to stay home with my kids and homeschool them for the long term…

An answered prayer…(heart) thanks
    .-= Wendy Kelly´s last blog ..Jul 21, Jasmine Essential Oil =-.

• Lisa B. July 27, 2009, 6:45 pm

Hi Felicia!

I saw this post a few weeks ago and decided to give Quality Gal a try. So far, so good. I have done a few articles for them. Communication is great. Whenever I have a question regarding an article that I’m working on, I always get a quick response (usually within 1-2 hours). The grading scale seems fair too. They do pay weekly, and that is really convenient. I look forward to doing more work for them.

Lisa B.
    .-= Lisa B.´s last blog ..Percutaneous Trans-hepatic cholangiogram =-.

• Felicia July 27, 2009, 6:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback Lisa.

I’m happy to know that Quality Gal is really what it appears to be.