Infolinks Inline Text Ads

| May 6, 2009 | 21 Comments

InfolinksThanks to Bruno’s comment on my  AdBrite vs. Kontera Update post, I signed up to become an Infolinks publisher on May 4th and was notified that my site was approved on May 5th.

The integration of the code was quick and easy.  They call it the 1 minute installation and I think they overestimated the time it takes to install.  I was up and running in seconds.   If you wish to configure the ads with advanced options, then it will take about 3 minutes or so.

Infolinks Configuration

What amazed me with Infolinks is that the links appeared immediately.  It took up to 24 hours for the Kontera ads to display.  Additionally, I’m able to customize the links quite a bit in comparison to Kontera.  I can set the following:

1.    Link color
2.    Single or double underline display
3.    Maximum number of links per page
4.    Sections of the page off limits to links
5.    Ad link category

With Kontera, I could set the link color and advertisers to block.  I couldn’t configure much more than that.

Infolinks Account User Interface

The user interface is clean and uncluttered. Maybe it looks that way because I don’t have any stats as yet, but I like the way it looks; straight, to the point without any unnecessary clutter.

Earnings and Updates
Sample Ad

Since I just installed the code, I cannot say much yet about the earnings. What I do like is according to their FAQ page, the reports are updated daily by 11:00 (PST).  They also date their updates so that you know whether or not the update took place.

Link Display and Page Load

I guess what I like most about Infolinks is the way the links display.  They are more attractive than the AdBrite and Kontera links.  If I had to choose in descending order of ad attractiveness, I would choose Infolinks, then Kontera then AdBrite.

As far as load time, Infolinks has not interfered with the page load speed as far as I can tell.  I’ve found that Kontera, on occasion, would cause a delay in the page load time.  Only time will tell if Infolinks is a quick as it appears initially.

Downside to Infolinks

Unfortunately, if you have more than one website and wish to track them separately, you have to set up separate accounts.  Currently, Infolinks cannot track separate websites under one account.

Proof in the Pudding

The true test of whether or not I stay with Infolinks is in the dough (show me the money)!  If it proves to be financially more lucrative than Kontera, then Infolinks is a no brainer.  Stay tuned and I’ll let you know how it goes.

BTW:  As you can see, I decided to try Infolinks here on NJFM.  There will be no more than two or three ads per page.

Tags: , , ,

Category: Advertising, Blog, Earning Money, Monetize, Residual Income

1. Matt says:

I’m getting a couple thousand impressions but getting paid only pennies. Is that what everyone else is getting paid? Doesn’t seem worth it. Maybe, I don’t have enough traffic, then?

I’m averaging about $100 a month with Infolinks. I think it depends on the niche. My blogs don’t get a lot of traffic, but the traffic it does get is targeted and it seems that Infolinks works well with them. $100 isn’t a lot of money but it ads up over time.

2. Robert says:

Hi, now they have a feature called Infolinks Related Tags and it works well. Was worried it would conflict with adsense. So far no problems.

3. Renee says:

This is my first time ever visiting this site, and I can honestly say I really enjoy it. I have spent the past couple of hours going from topic to topic absorbing the vast amount of wonderful information on here. I honestly didn’t even know what Infolinks was until I visited here. This is a wonderful site. Keep up the good work.

4. Ignatius says:

I know I’m waking up a thread that is over a year old, but I thought I would mention that Infolinks has recently added a widget that helps you add Infolinks ads to Blogger blogs. They also have Drupal and WordPress plug-ins and a Joomla extension, but I think the Blogger tool will probably be of the most interest to folks around here.

You need to make a total of $50 at Infolinks before you hit payout so it could take quite a while if you just have a single blog. However, with multiple blogs and/or websites you can speed that up significantly. The nice thing about Infolinks is that it doesn’t take up space on your website that you could use for something else. My experience has been that it earns small, but consistent, payments.

If you want more information, Felicia has a referral link for Infolinks up in the first paragraph.

5. Roger says:

Can infolinks be used in a forum

6. prerna says:

Thnxs Felicia. Will try them out. Have a Wonderful New Year!!
    .-= prerna´s last blog ..New Year Wishes and Two More Awards to Celebrate!! =-.

7. prerna says:

Quick question Felicia – Can we use them along with Adsense??
    .-= prerna´s last blog ..Product Review: Wen Cleansing Conditioner by Chaz Dean =-.

8. Eshwarya says:

Thanks for the info! I just signed up for infolinks yesterday.

9. Felicia says:

Kim, InfoLinks is working out very well. I have no complaints.

10. Kim Hartley says:

Thanks for more great onformation. I’m going to give this a try. How did it end up working out for you?
    Thanks again. Very helpful!

11. nas says:

the thing that is personally detering me from infolinks is the fact that once you click the link you cant go back to the original page, the function of the backbutton becomes redundant
    .-= nas´s last blog ..7 Health Benefits Of Beer =-.

Nas, I see your point. Not having clicked on any of my Infolinks ads, I didn’t realize that I couldn’t get back to the original webpage.

I’m not too upset, however. My monthly revenue using Infolinks is two and a half times higher than what I was earning when I used Kontera. It went from $40 per month to $100 plus per month. Not too shabby for swapping out Kontera code and inserting Infolink code.

Oh, and regarding the back button, use the little arrow next to the back button on your browser. It will display a menu of the most recent websites you visited. Select the one you came from in the menu and you’ll be taken back to the previous website.

12. Felicia says:

A quick Infolinks update:

As of June 15th, I’ve earned more in half a month with Infolinks than I did in a full month with Kontera. In my books Infolinks is a keeper. It’s time for me to make the transition complete and replace the Kontera code with Infolinks on my remaining sites/blogs.

13. Felicia says:

Thanks for the heads up Ann.

I’ll check them out and try them on one of my sites!

14. Ann says:

I also recommend Q2Click. They have really high bid, and you can check every bid yourself. Good Support. I’m really glad I found out about them.

15. Christine Taylor says:

Felicia: Thanks for more great info. I clicked on one of your inline links, and it worked fine. However, you should see if you can get the links to open in an new page to keep your fans on your site.

I learn something new from you every week!!

Christine

Thanks Christine,

Unfortunately, just like with Google AdSense, we cannot customize whether or not an advertiser’s site opens in a new window. I wish we could.

16. Shayk says:

Hello,
    My name is Shay and I’m from Infolinks.
    Thank you for joining us! Infolinks takes pride in leading the industry with the most attractive business model and I am sure you will see a significant increase in your earnings.
    Regarding adding multiple websites per account – many new features coming soon, this one included.
    We appreciate your support, please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.
    Shay