Earn Money Online Freelance Writing for Suite101.com

| March 10, 2008

Suite101.com calls itself an online magazine. It’s a content rich site whose articles are contributed by freelance writers which allow the writers to earn internet income. The freelance writers are broken into two categories, Feature Writers and Contributing Writers.

Feature Writers are responsible for their particular section of expertise. They are required to write a certain number of articles per week on their topic and maintain an associated blog. They may, if they are so inclined, also write articles on any other topic of their choice as long as they maintain their Feature Writer requirements.

Contributing Writers can write on any topic of their choice and are only subject to the 10 articles over a period of three months writing requirement.

Apply as a Freelance Writer

To become a freelance writer for Suite 101.com, you have to become a member (membership is free) complete an application and submit a resume along with two writing samples. Suite101.com will review your work and notify you if you are accepted.

Suite 101 has been around for over 10 years and has developed a readership of over seven million readers monthly. They offer a quality product; so if you are not serious about writing quality articles, don’t bother to apply to Suite101.com.

If you do decide to earn internet income by writing for Suite101.com and are accepted, be prepared for editor interaction. The editors review the work and offer quality feedback. Any writer knows that feedback is part of the growing process. The editors are there to help you improve your craft. Take the criticism as constructive criticism and learn from it. It’s a good place to get honest critiques that server to improve your writing

Payment

Payment is made via Paypal and is based on the number of page views and ad revenue generated by your articles. None of the writers know the actual page view/revenue share formula, but we do know that payment is made monthly as long as your earnings exceed $10.

Earnings from Suite101.com vary depending on the number of articles written, topic popularity, seasonal fluctuations and a host of other variables. Once you’ve written a few articles, you get a feel for which ones work and which ones don’t. Additionally, Suite101.com provides a user interface whereby each writer can see just how well each article is doing and were the traffic is coming from. You can see which search terms were used to access your articles. It’s a useful tool when it comes to honing SEO skills.

Article Ownership

You maintain the copyright for your work; however, you grant Suite101.com exclusive electronic rights for the first year that your article appears on their site. After that, you can post your article anywhere you wish.

Success?

Success can be measured in several different ways. First of all, having a Suite101.com profile has helped me in getting other writing assignments. One link to Suite101.com was all it took to show what and how I write.

Success can also be measured by level of income. I’ve had moderate success financially. Let me preface my success by saying that I maintain the 10 articles per three-month minimum requirement. Some writers write in excess of 100 articles in that period of time (other obligations prevent me from doing so).  Unfortunately I had to remove the actual figures earned as I found out that it is a violation of the Suite 101 Terms of Service.  Suffice it to say that my earnings have increased over time.

That number is a little deceiving because some of the articles were written as recently as two days ago which haven’t had time to be process through the search engines as yet. Some articles get great traffic while other ones are not popular at all.

Either way, as long as I continue as a freelance writer for Suite101.com, the articles will remain on the website and I will continue to earn internet income. Even if I stop writing, as long as the articles remain on the site and generate revenue, I will continue to earn and get paid.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: Earning Money, Freelance, Legitimate, Opportunities, Suite 101, Writing

1. SimeyC says:

The biggest problem I have with Suite101 is that the only experience I have as a writer is on other article sites and therefore I cannot include this experience in my resume! I guess I should look for some Freelance work so I can build up a portfolio
    SimeyC recently posted…Seekyt – another good revenue sharing site.My Profile

I guess I’m a little lost as to why you cannot add Suite to your resume. Have you added your Suite work to your resume and been turned down because of it?

It’s been quite some time since I’ve had a need for a resume, but I’ve landed writing gigs using my Suite 101 articles. I think the quality of your work should speak for itself.

• Joni says:

Maybe he thinks he is not allowed to put clips from Suite? Or, like me, he has had “some writers” that do not think highly of content sites and discourage writers from using them as clips. I had someone tell me that a while back. She told me not to use my Demand articles as examples. However, I write about mental disorders on DS and use my knowledge from my master’s degree and job as counselor that treated these types of patients. Heck, I was proud of myself when I was approved; that was when DS was paying $30.00 for LIVESTRONG articles. They have since gone down to $25.00. Of course, it might have changed. I haven’t written for them since May.

2. Susan says:

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say that since I last messaged you I’ve been writing for Suite101 on a fairly regular basis and now have 9 articles published with them. So far I’ve made a piddly $2.34, but the exposure and credibility I’ve received writing for Suite is pretty priceless. I still stand by my initial statements that it’s difficult to break in to Suite and the fact that they own your article for a year is still restrictive, but once you begin writing for them it’s worth it. You’re not going to make a lot of money but it’s a venue with benefits!
    Susan recently posted…5 Simple Home Business IdeasMy Profile

3. Susan says:

You are correct in stating we’ll have to respectfully disagree on this one Felicia. However, I didn’t send the “same thing” as I had written on my blog. I didn’t say that at all. I sent an article that had been “sliced differently” just as you had suggested in your first comment. For a writer to be restricted to submitting to a particular article network site first always, when pennies are to be made, is bad business for any writer. I can sell an blog article to one of my website clients for $30-$50 a pop. I have NEVER ONCE had a disappointed client. You, yourself, state in your article that you’ve only had “moderate” success with Suite. Sorry to say, but that’s not good enough for me. I’m glad you’re happy with it however. Good luck 🙂
    Susan recently posted…Why You Need A Blog – Blogging for fun and profitMy Profile

4. Susan says:

Thanks for the response Felicia. But I really have to disagree with you wholeheartedly. I honestly don’t feel I’m restricting myself at all. I’ve been writing for clients for 20 years 🙂 I contribute to several other article networks and have never once had a problem with an article submission, only with Suite101. And, unfortunately, my editor did not give me the option of “slicing my article” in a different way. That has never been a problem for me. She simply said to delete it. As I’ve said, I’m certainly not new to writing by any means. My writing is diverse. I’ve been writing articles, press releases, ad copy, brochures, short stories, resumes and more for many years resulting in pleased clients. Challenging myself is not a problem for me at all. I think the issue with Suite is, unlike most other networks, they pay. And, they don’t want writing that will compete with their search results.

Susan, your writing may be diverse, but you mentioned that you wrote the same thing for Suite as you had published on your blog. You also mentioned in writing for Suite “I’ll have to submit many things to them first and I find that restrictive.”

If the articles are varied, you won’t have to prioritize which one to submit first, second or third. You should be able to publish several articles at the same time without worry.

I guess we’ll have to respectfully disagree on this one.

5. Susan says:

Good morning,

I know I’m late in entering this thread but I just found it. I recently applied to and was accepted by Suite101. I immediately wrote an article and submitted it. Mere hours later I rec’d a response from an editor asking me to make some minor changes. I promptly did and resent it. This morning I rec’d a response from the editor telling me she found my article on my blog and cannot publish the article on Suite101 because of that. Since I had already known Suite101 does not accept previously published articles (even those posted on a personal blog) I had revamped the article and had included different and additional information. Interestingly my blog post comes up on the first page of a Yahoo search. Suite101 is an article directory that makes its money from search engine traffic and obviously my original article was receiving a pretty high traffic rating. Honestly at this point I’m a bit frustrated. I’m a writer and make my money by writing for myself and clients. If I’m to make money with Suite101 I see I’ll have to submit many things to them first and I find that restrictive. I write for several other article directories and so far no one else has the “exlusive article” demands that Suite101 has. Any suggestions? Comments?

Susan, I’ve been writing for Suite for about 4 years now and haven’t found it restricting. Like you, I make my money writing for myself (no private clients here if I can help it).

On Suite you can write about anything. You are only limited by your imagination and previously written work. I’ve never had a problem writing different slants on a single topic, placing one article on Suite and another on my own site.

Sounds like you’re limiting yourself. As a writer, I’m sure you have a creative nature. Be creative and approach the subject from a different angle. If you’re unable to come up with something new as your first article, maybe Suite isn’t for you.

I don’t know about you, but I enjoy the challenge of taking a single topic and slicing it various ways. I sometimes challenge myself by taking one aspect of a boring topic and writing 5 enjoyable, information packed articles approaching that one aspect from a different angle.

I think you need to challenge yourself.

6. Minister Marlene says:

I’ve found some great information here. It truly prepares me to apply to Suite 101. You have a wealth of information on this site. I suggest we all take full advantage. What you offer on this blog has a hefty price tag elsewhere. We’re all very fortunate to have found you. I suspect your expert status may soon cost a pretty penny.
    Minister Marlene recently posted…True Repentance- Repentant Tears Will Take Our Churches out of BondageMy Profile

7. Ira says:

Just thought I would come back and let you guys know the process was painless, and my article was accepted after I did the minor revisions… so my career with Suite101 has now officially begun lol

Will it take me where I want to go? I am not sure. 14 hours and only 3 views for my article is a little rough to judge haha 😉

But it is a first step, and that’s how all journeys begin.

Thanks Felicia for letting me have a place to talk about things! It’s appreciated by more than me, I am sure.
    Ira recently posted…Sometimes We Dream…My Profile

8. Ira says:

hehe thank you Felicia!

I just heard back from the editor regarding my first article, and, as I thought might happen, she suggested a few improvements. I’ll be getting right on those. She was gentle with me lol 🙂

There were overall only a couple thinsg she saw that could be improved, so I guess for a first submission I did okay hehe

Off to work I go!
    Ira recently posted…Sometimes We Dream…My Profile

9. Ira says:

haha oh i have been doing that, for sure. I’m pretty proud that i have in the past 4 days, made about $80 from my various submissions around the net, including TB. I’ve also been working on creating a blog for future revenue purposes.

I’m taking all the advice I’ve found from you and your reeaders to make myself as effective as I can be, because I refuse to let anything hold me down anymore. I am hopeful that I have picked up skills to help me avoid the mistakes that others have gone through, to get myself up to speed as quickly as I can.

After all, we don’t have enough time to make all the mistakes ourselves. Got to learn from others. Saves a lot of effort lol 😉
    Ira recently posted…Sometimes We Dream…My Profile

10. Ira says:

Could be a little frustrating in the end for me lol I like to be in control

I am wondering if it is because of the new google keyword tools being relesaed

I guess if nothing else it’ll make me sharpen my SEO skills, though I already feel like it interferes in my writing sometimes lol 😉 What could have been a beautiful turn of phrase turns into just one more keyword stuff 😉

I haven’t heard back from the editors yet on whether the article is accepted or needs revised. I am hopeful that it will go through with little trouble, but.. after seeing that interface I began to get paranoid haha
    Ira recently posted…Sometimes We Dream…My Profile

Don’t worry about the keyword tags too much, Ira. I’ve been using them for the 3+ years I’ve been writing for Suite because they require them. I don’t know how effective they are, but since they’re not inserted in the article, I’m not concerned about them. Choosing from a pre-selected list actually makes the process easier. Sometimes I have a tough time coming up with 6 key phrases/tags. As long as you optimized your article, you should be ok.

As far as first article approval times, I can’t help you there. I’m not sure how long it takes. I think it’s time for you to write a few articles on Textbroker or somewhere else to take your mind off of your Suite approval. 😉

11. Ira says:

It has to be a different interface going on, then.

I posted a screenshot of that area for you to see, so you can get an idea of what’s going on. Maybe for new writers they are trying a new beta interface or something.

Or maybe it is because it was my first article? I don’t know lol

I do know i would SO rather input my own keywords haha

Anyhow, the way it is right now, you have to click the boxes to select the keywords, and that is all you can do. I saw no way to input them manually, or to choose a different way of doing things.

there’s the screenshot for you.

Any info on all this is appreciated, and sorry for the confusion heh
    Ira recently posted…Sometimes We Dream…My Profile

Yikes! That’s different from my interface. I don’t know if it will make you feel any better, but the tags/keywords are used to populate the “Reference” section on the bottom left-hand side of the article once it’s published. It’s used to help Suite link to related articles.

Some of my hyperlinked tags in the Reference section bring me back to the Suite 101 home page rather than an article on a similar topic. I don’t know if that happens because there aren’t any similar articles or if it’s a glitch.

I agree with you and would prefer to insert them manually, but maybe their pre-selected keywords will prevent them from linking to non existent pages. Who knows.

12. Ira says:

Hey Felicia!

Ok. Good news is.. I just submitted my first article over at S101. I am both excited and terrified at the moment. lol

But I wanted/needed/desperately desire to have a question answered; after much searching and being unable to find the answer, I decided to come to you with it. I hope you don’t mind.

The question is.. when submitting an article to S101, is there a way to manually add your keywords/tags? Or must you use the boxes to select the ones that it finds for you?

The article I submitted.. i did extensive research on it and I know what keywords will work for it quite nicely, and yet… none are there ;| And I just can NOT see how to add them in myself.

I am hoping that there’s a way and that I just didn’t screw up my first chance lol 😀

Thanks in advance!
    Ira recently posted…Sometimes We Dream…My Profile

Ira, I’m not sure I understand what’s going on here.

You can manually enter your tags/keywords in the “keywords” box. It’s the box right below the “Choose a category” section on the “Create/edit an article” page.

Now, unless Suite is instituting a new interface that I’m not seeing, you don’t have to choose keywords from a list. The only list that I see on the interface is the list for choosing the article’s category.

I know they’re making a lot of changes over at Suite and maybe you have a different interface?

You’ve got me stumped.

13. oceansideblogs says:

Wildwoodwaitress:

If you decide to write for Suite101, once you are approved, be sure to check out their Learning Hub under the Writers Tools tab. I am brand new to Suite101; their Learning Hub has been extremely informative. Follow Felicia’s advice, and write about what you know. Maybe use your business experience as a source for article ideas?

Felicia:

I just wanted to thank you for continuing to be such a valuable inspiration to me. An update re: Suite101. I finally heard back from Suite’s HelpDesk, and apparently I was caught in some sort of a malfunction over the weekend. Everything is up and running great now on my account. I even posted my very first article. Thank you again for all that you do.

14. wildwoodwaitress says:

You’re site is terrific. I like that it on-target and to the point.

In reviewing the comments about writing for Suite 101.com, I didn’t come across anything about how the articles are assigned.

Does the writer come up with article suggestions or titles or can the writer choose from titles in the area of specialty that Suite 101.com puts up?

Any clarification on the selecting article topics for this site would be most appreciated.

15. oceansideblogs says:

Thank you for your response, Felicia. It must just be me. I can login, but can’t access anything else on the Suite101 site. I’m going to take it as a sign that writing for Suite101 isn’t what I am supposed to be doing with my time, and take my writing elsewhere. Elance.com has hundreds of freelance writing jobs; I guess I will focus my attentions there. Onwards and upwards.

Keep up your great posts, Felicia. You are a true inspiration.

16. oceansideblogs says:

Is anyone else having problems with the Suite101 website this week, or is it just me? I’ve phoned and emailed them, but they still haven’t gotten back to me. I can log on, but any other links on their website just give me the “something is amiss” error message. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

17. BEDBUG says:

Suite has recently revamped its policies so that now the article requirement has been done away with. This is welcome news for busy writers.

It may prove harder to stay on track but, at least, writers will continue to earn, even if they have to take a break from writing for awhile.

It’s a good idea to check out the latest Suite news because other changes are in the works, as well.
    BEDBUG recently posted…Member Contest UpdateMy Profile

18. paul young says:

I am new to writing, thank you for giving me hope that one day I may turn my writing into a livable income.

19. Wendy Kelly says:

Hi Felicia and Angela,

I don’t know if this helps, but I was rejected the first time I applied to Suite 101. The second time I applied, the main thing I changed was the topics I was willing to write about (and so I tailored the article to match those topics also).

I researched what topics they needed writers for and wrote to that.

I have a feeling (but don’t know for sure) that this helped.

I’ve branched out and am working as a social networker now, but I still make between 10 – 15 dollars a month for my 10 little articles that I managed to put up there.

Good luck!
    Wendy Kelly recently posted…Visten Homes comes to KLVMy Profile

20. Angela says:

Okay, now I’m totally confused. I mentioned in another thread that in addition to other online sites I also applied with S101. They’ve rejected my application on at least two, maybe three, other occasions that I can think of off the top of my head.

Tonight, with more online writing experience under my belt (most notably Demand Studios), I decided to put in another application. I was careful in completing the information required and submitted two samples that were previously accepted and published by Demand. I have two degrees, both of which directly relate to writing, and prior experience with offline freelancing. I manage two blogs and don’t think that I’m at all a bad writer.

Well, within a couple of hours they rejected this application too! I really don’t understand. How can this be? I read all over the Net of others who are submitting, and they seem to be accepted without the bat of an eyelash. I don’t at all proclaim to be the best writer on the planet, but even in some of the blurbs where people talk about being accepted I see tons of mistakes in their writing whereas I try to be ultra careful, proofing and reproofing what I write over and over again.

Of course, Suite only responds with a generic rejection email, so there’s no way to know the specific reason for why my skills don’t meet their qualifications. I just can’t believe this. Can somebody offer some insight here?

You know what? I don’t think that I’ll be applying with them again. Enough is enough. This is just beyond insulting. 🙁

The email that I received from them:

Thank you for applying to write for Suite101. Unfortunately, your application does not meet the standards required to write for Suite101 at this time.

Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to provide you with specific details as to why your application was declined. We can, however, tell you what criteria we look for should you care to re-apply:

* objective and fact based sample articles, 400-600 words in length (no first-person point of view, opinion pieces, fictional stories, personal blog posts or poetry).
    * excellent English language use, grammar, and spelling.
    * education or experience that supports your subject matter.

Click Here to see some examples of Suite101’s award-winning articles.

We thank you for your interest in Suite101 and wish you all the best with your writing career.

Best Regards,

The Suite101 Editorial Team

Wow, Angela, I’m shocked! I applied quite some time ago and I’m sure their requirements have changed. I’m at a loss as to why your application was denied. Hmmmm, maybe it was the article subject matter? Maybe the the offline/online writing transition was a little off? Maybe Suite made a mistake?

If anyone else has any input, I’d be interested in hearing your take on this situation.

21. ambili says:

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your reply. It helps!
    Prerna’s blog also has some nice content.

I would get going with my online writing journey 🙂

Thanks again.

22. ambili says:

Hi,

Can we make money writing for suite101 even if we do not have a google adsense id? Do you know of other revenue sharing sites which pays even if we do not have a google adsense account?

I am from India and somehow, it is extremely difficult these days for google to approve for an adsense account for people from the subcontinent. The rules are pretty stringent- like, we should have a blog or website which is active for at least 6 months and with “quality” article. So, newbies cannot get it ..

thanks in advance.. You have a wonderful blog here..

Ambili, you don’t need a Google AdSense account to write for Suite.

I know somewhere on this blog I’ve written about opportunities for international writers. Check out the opportunity section of the blog or go through the NJFM database. I’m sure you’ll find something.

Also, check out Prerna’s blog. She’s from India also and she’s doing very well with online writing.

23. Nancy says:

Thanks for the link on Associated Content. I signed up for AC and Suite 101 and was accepted. I’m anxious to see how they compare. Although I hear a lot of good things about Suite, I do like the fact that AC ‘s pay is per view rather than per ad. I’m new to the online writing thing and it just seems to me that the per ad concept means it takes a whole lot longer to get started. I’ll see which site works best for me. Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

24. Nancy says:

Felicia, I just came upon your blog and have found your knowledge and expertise extremely helpful. I am interested in giving Suite101 a try since I am new to the online writing community. I was wondering if you have heard anything about Associated Content. I friend of mine uses this writing site but I don’t know anyone else. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had success with this one. Thanks

25. Ciele says:

Felicia, I know I am commenting this over a year after your original post and you may never even see this, but just in case you do I wanted to be able to point out that the Suite101 guidelines have changed. Writers are now free to share their income.

I guess Suite finally figured out that, in the online writing world, sharing your income with others may make them want to apply for the site as well.

Great blog, btw. I have learned a LOT lurking around here and reading your posts. 🙂

Yeah, I’m glad the changed their guidelines.

I think if you browse around a bit you’ll see that I share some of my numbers in subsequent posts.

Hey Felicia – wanted to wish you a happy and prosperous New Year and also had a Suite101 related question.

I want to put the latest articles widget on my blog but am using blogger and it’s not working right. I contacted them and they said there is a compatibility problem with both blogger and wordpress. Did you have to do special coding to get the widget to work for you?

On another Suite101 note – I met the Rookie Challenge and posted 10 articles in Dec! With everything else going on, it really was a challenge but I managed to post the last one yesterday.

Thanks again for this blog. It truly is invaluable. I’m so pleased with the information and direction I’ve received here. Happy New Year!
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..How to Prepare for a Secure Retirement . . . =-.

Crystal, I might have tweaked the code a little but I don’t remember.

I placed the widget on here some time ago. Sorry I’m not much help.

Congrats on the rookie challenge. I’ve fallen a bit behind on my writing and will have to catch up.
      Wishing you a Happy New Year too!

27. Lisa Musser says:

I tried Suite 101 a few months ago. I know they are a good quality site and they are picky about who writes for them. I submitted some samples but I tend to write in a casual style and they are looking for a more professional business style.They turned me down,but I will keep trying though.
    .-= Lisa Musser´s last blog ..Freelance writing jobs =-.

28. Steven says:

I like writing for demand studios beacuse they say if your article is approved, then you will recieve payment. Time and time again I have recieved payment.

My background is in both the automotive industry and I am also a prior service veteran. If a writer is to write about what they know, then the auto industry, politics, and military affairs are right up my alley.

I have had articles published both in print and online. I have found that if you want to make it as a professional writer, then having expirence in particular field seems more valuable then a degree and no expirence what so ever.

I often think about making writing my full time job, and not just a part time way to earn some extra cash. I have sat down and talked to editors of newspapers, and though it seems most of them like my work, none of them seem to have a freelance budget.

In my personal opinion, I think there should be a balance between web content and in print works. Personally I think media journalism should go online, it will save them thousands on overhead costs alone. However I do feel that well written book, thats something that should always reamin in print. Thanks for listening-
    Steven R
    .-= Steven´s last blog ..Women the most Complicated Creatures on Earth =-.

29. Carley says:

Would you mind answering a couple more questions?

1: Are writers allowed to link up to Amazon books to earn the Amazon associate kickbacks?

2: What does it take to become a Feature Writer? Do they hand-pick them after a writer has established him/herself as an expert in that particular field with lots of articles?

3: Would they allow a writer to use a pseudonym? There are only about a dozen people in the US with my last name, and it would take about 4 seconds to pinpoint my exact location, my husband’s work, and my kids’ school. I just don’t want to advertise too much about us to the world!

Thanks in advance for your help. 🙂

Hi Carley,

I’ll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. Suite does not allow affiliate links.
      2. To become a Feature Writer you have to show proficiency in your area of interest. Editors look to see how many articles you’ve written on the topic and how well they are written. To be considered for a topic you must contact the editor when an open slot is available.
      3. I don’t think Suite allows pseudonyms.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Heidi for the info. Just submitted my Suite101 app. Funny thing I discovered. When I actually clicked inside the text box is when the instructions popped up about required sample article length (400-600 words). Sure seems they could make that a little more obvious prior to the actual submission stage.
    .-= Crystal´s last blog ..Make an Easy, Luxurious Tied Quilt for Someone Special =-.

31. Heidi says:

I also used previously written work when I applied in March. It won’t get published unless you actually put it on the site. Minimum length was 400 words.
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..Top Chef’s Fabio Viviani to return to Bravo =-.

Thanks for the speedy response. Unfortunately the Suite101 site seems to be down so I’ll just have to submit my samples another time:(

Hey Felicia – Quick question I can’t seem to find the answer to on the Suite101 site Re: the writing samples – can I submit previously written work or must I compose something entirely new? Also, any feel for the perfect length? All they say is 600 words max. So will 200 do? Or should a sample be more like 300-500? Ok – so that’s 3 questions – sorry:) I know you may not have the exact answers but what’s your feel on this?

Crystal, it’s been a while but back when I applied I provided previously written work. As far as word count, their requirement for writers is to write between 400 and 600 words, so if you stay within that word count you should be fine.

If there is anyone who applied to Suite more recently than two years ago, please correct me if I’m wrong.

34. Lily says:

I’m glad I found this discussion. I saw an ad for Suite101. They’re always looking for writers. I’m interested in doing it because I want to learn about writing for the Web. I don’t want to take a course, I’d rather get real experience. Do they provide lots of feedback this way? Thanks.

35. Deborah says:

I was accepted into Suite101. I like how you write on a specific niche that you’re experienced with. Having an interest in manga and other various aspects of Japanese culture, I decided that’s the niche I’ll stick to for Suite101. It makes it easier to write when you have structure (at least for me). Anyways, I love reading your blog. Keep up the excellent work.

Congrats Deborah!

If writing about a particular niche works well for you, than do what works. I think you’ll be happy with the results.

36. Marika says:

I’ve applied today to Suite101, got accepted and just submitted my first article. As I don’t know much about how long it takes for it to go to the editor and be approved (or not), and what people’s opinions are on Suite101, I googled the subject and your post came on the first page. Read the whole article and the comments, thanks for all this, it makes it much clearer now.
    I’m trying to get away from my 9-5 job and freelancing seems like a good way to go.

Marika
    .-= Marika´s last blog ..Social Bookmarking Made Easy – The Power of Social Bookmarking =-.

37. Wendy says:

@ Felicia

Thank you for your wise words!!! I am a bit tired at the moment, and I can get really hard on myself at those times. Whereas I used to have a very matter-of-fact attitude about content writing, today I am just feeling low…but you are so right about the cat skinning…very good point…

It is so important to keep you eyes on the prize, and not get bogged down in whether an editor “likes” me : )

I am so glad this site is here.

Keep up the good work!!

Wendy
    .-= Wendy´s last blog ..Another day, another… =-.